The Gippsland Regional Growth Plan covers the municipalities of Bass Coast, Baw Baw, East Gippsland, Latrobe, South Gippsland and Wellington.
The plan (formerly known as the Gippsland Integrated Land Use Plan) provides broad direction for regional land use and development as well as detailed planning frameworks for key regional centres.
Regional growth plan
Amendment VC106 changes the Victoria Planning Provisions and all planning schemes by inserting clauses 11.06 - 11.13 into the State Planning Policy Framework which set out the objectives and strategies of Victoria's eight regional growth plans.
The Minister for Planning launched the Gippsland Regional Growth Plan on 15 May 2014.
The plan has been endorsed by each of the six Gippsland councils following consultation with the community.
Download a summary of the plan:
- Gippsland Regional Growth Plan - Summary (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Gippsland Regional Growth Plan – Summary (DOCX, 59.7 KB)
Download a copy of the full plan:
- Gippsland Regional Growth Plan (PDF, 2.6 MB)
- Gippsland Regional Growth Plan (DOCX, 309.8 KB)
- Gippsland Regional Growth Plan - Light print version (PDF, 1.7 MB)
Maps from the regional growth plan
Download the regional growth plan maps:
Living in the region
- Future directions for settlement (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Latrobe framework plan (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Bairnsdale framework plan (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Leongatha framework plan (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Sale framework plan (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Warragul/Drouin framework plan (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Wonthaggi framework plan (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Links to surrounding regions (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Gippsland strategic assets (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Future directions for renewable energy (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Future directions for the economy (PDF, 1.9 MB)