On this page:
What is this template for?
The guidebook was created to assist council staff in navigating customer service and their dealings with applicants. The guidebook is comprehensive and includes customer service principles, conversation guides and tips, technology and safety and well-being.
Instructions for use
The tool can be customised to reflect your council’s customer service principles. It should also be customised with information and links relevant to your council.
Updating text on the guide
The guidebook template outlines a standard process and can be edited to fit your council's needs.
The following areas of the tool can be customised:
- add your letterhead or logo/standard headers and footers to identify your council
- amend text to reflect the customer service principles and processes that are relevant to your council, as well as adding specific information such as links to your website.
- remove implementation notes before publishing.
Where should the guide be available
This guidebook is an internal facing document only for council staff and should be stored in an internal system in an easily accessible location. This should also be available to all new starters as part of an induction pack.
Tips to get the most out of this tool
For this tool to be most effective at your council, we recommend:
- ensure the guide is well understood by staff and is included as part of induction materials.
- store a copy of the tool where it can be easily located for planners.
Having well understood and followed customer service standards helps to build positive relationships with applicants and to provide a consistent level of service.
Page last updated: 23/08/23