The Minister for Planning has received a request from Architecture Associates Pty Ltd, to facilitate consideration of the proposed Rosemaur Gallery on land at 193-209 King Road, Harkaway using his powers of intervention under section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
Before making a decision on the request, the Minister for Planning is undertaking consultation under section 20(5) of the Act.
The Minister has also appointed an Advisory Committee under section 151 of the Act to consider any submissions received and assess the planning merits of the request.
The amendment seeks to facilitate the use and development of the land for an art gallery, function centre, 150-seat restaurant and two dwellings.
A planning scheme amendment is proposed to facilitate the proposal as the second dwelling and use of the land for a function centre and restaurant, not in conjunction with an agricultural or winery use, are prohibited under the current zoning of the land.
The amendment would allow the land to be used and developed in accordance with conditions in an incorporated document.
Panel or Committee
The Minister for Planning has appointed the Rosemaur Gallery Advisory Committee to consider any submissions received and report on the planning merits of the request.
Terms of Reference
The Minister for Planning issued Terms of Reference to guide the committee process.
The committee comprises of:
- Mr Lester Townsend (Chair)
- Mr Johnathan Halaliku
- Ms Kate Partenio.
A Directions Hearing will be held on Thursday 26 November 2020 and the Public Hearings will commence on Monday 18 January 2021.
The hearings may be undertaken using video conferencing or similar technology.
Further details on the timing and process for any public hearings will be provided to everyone who makes a submission, after the consultation period has closed.
The Advisory Committee must submit its report no later than 30 days from the completion of the hearing.
Have your say
Find out how to get involved and have your say on specific planning reviews
Submissions must be made in writing to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning.
Submissions opens on
12.00am - Monday 21 September 2020
Submissions close on
5.00pm - Friday 06 November 2020
Please make a submission by emailing email@example.com.
Draft amendment documents
Please see below for the draft amendment documents:
- Draft Incorporated document, Rosemaur Gallery (PDF, 292.3 KB)
- Draft explanatory report (PDF, 707.3 KB)
- Draft instruction sheet (PDF, 136.7 KB)
- Draft planning scheme map (PDF, 216.1 KB)
- Proposed schedule to Clause 45.12 (Specific controls overlay) (PDF, 122.0 KB)
- Proposed schedule to Clause 51.01 (Specific sites and exclusions) (PDF, 127.1 KB)
- Proposed schedule to Clause 72.03 (What does this planning scheme consist of) (PDF, 87.5 KB)
- Proposed schedule to Clause 72.04 (documents incorporated in this scheme) (PDF, 160.9 KB).
The draft amendment is supported by the following reports:
- Architectural plans (prepared by Architecture Associates Pty Ltd, June 2020) (PDF, 9.4 MB)
- Visualisations (prepared by Architecture Associates Pty Ltd, September 2020) (PDF, 7.2 MB)
- Town Planning Report (prepared by Urbis Pty Ltd, September 2020) (PDF, 1022.1 KB)
- Employment Forecasts (prepared by Urbis Pty Ltd, June 2019) (PDF, 96.1 KB)
- Landscape Vision Report (prepared by Urbis Pty Ltd, September 2020) (PDF, 23.1 MB)
- Landscape Vision Impact Assessment (prepared by Urbis, September 2020) (PDF, 14.5 MB)
- Traffic Impact Assessment (prepared by Cardno, June 2020) (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Bushfire Management Statement (prepared by Terramatrix, September 2020) (PDF, 13.1 MB)
- Preliminary Bushfire Emergency Management Plan (prepared by Terramatrix, June 2020) (PDF, 5.5 MB)
- Environmentally Sustainable Development (ESD) Report (prepared by Atelier Ten, September 2020) (PDF, 595.8 KB)
- Preliminary Arboricultural Assessment (prepared by Artio Consulting, November 2016) (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Site Serving Strategy (prepared by Irwinconsult, September 2020) (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Site Survey (prepared by Charlton Degg, July 2018) (PDF, 970.8 KB).
please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accessible version of these documents.