On this page:
A new plan for Victoria
We are developing a new plan for Victoria that will build on Victoria’s Housing Statement and set out the next steps to address the state’s 2050 housing and land use needs, while supporting jobs growth, protecting the environment, and ensuring Victoria is more resilient to climate change. Self-determination and caring for Country will also be a strong focus and embedded throughout the plan.
Imagine it is 2050. Victoria’s population is 10 million. Eight million people are living in Melbourne.
- What are the things you value? What is important to you?
- Is your home affordable? Is it energy efficient and comfortable?
- Do you live near your friends and family? How are you moving around your neighbourhood?
- Is your place of work close by?
- Is your neighbourhood climate resilient? Are there trees, open spaces, and gardens?
- Are you close to public transport? Is it pedestrian friendly? Does the built environment encourage and support walking, bike riding and other modes of transport?
- Are the services you need, like hospitals, libraries, community centres, cafes, and restaurants, close to where you live?
- Is your neighbourhood thriving? Do you feel connected to your neighbours, your community, your city, your region?
Now let’s talk about how we get there.
You are invited to help us reimagine, and realise the potential of, our future cities, towns, and regions.
Your feedback will ensure that we maintain and build on what you love about your neighbourhood today, while prioritising liveability, connectivity, and choice.
Starting with conversations with councils and industry leaders in 2023 we will then reach out to the broader community in 2024.
We know that every neighbourhood and every community across Victoria is unique. That’s why we’re travelling to all corners of the state to bring the discussion to you.
Together, we can plan our future.
Page last updated: 29/11/23