The proposal for the park has been prepared by the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change.
The Minister for Planning has referred the proposal to the independent Regional Parks Standing Advisory Committee for consideration and to provide recommendations on the suitability of the proposed planning scheme changes.
Municipality: Wyndham City Council
Proposed changes to the Wyndham Planning Scheme Amendment GC99 include:
- Apply the Public Acquisition Overlay 10 (PAO10) to part of the site proposed for the Werribee Township Regional Park
- Update Clause 45.01 of the scheme to list the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change as the acquiring authority for the relevant land.
Submissions were taken from 28 May 2018 until 5pm 6 July 2018. Submissions are now closed.
For more information about the advisory committee process, please refer to the Engage Vic website.
Advisory committee report
The Advisory Committee recommended that Amendment GC99 to the Casey, Melton and Wydham planning schemes be approved.
View the Advisory Committee's report and recommendations:
Minister for Planning's decision
The Minister for Planning has approved Amendment GC99 to the Casey, Melton and Wyndham planning schemes as exhibited. The Minister supported all recommendations of the advisory committee.
Read the Minister's response to the Advisory Committee's recommendations:
Changes to the planning provisions for land required for the three new regional parks were gazetted on 14 November 2019. View the amendment details:
Werribee Township Regional Park information and updates
A park update and information sheet for the Werribee Township Regional Park can be viewed at the following link:
Biodiversity values of the Werribee Township Regional Park
The Werribee River corridor provides significant habitat for the Growling Grass Frog. A group of interacting Growling Grass Frog populations (known as a metapopulation) are known to utilise the regional park for breeding as well as foraging and dispersal. Growling Grass Frog habitat within the regional park will be protected and enhancement to ensure sustainable and functional populations are maintained through the Werribee River corridor.
Planning Scheme Amendment GC99 Documents
- Explanatory Report - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 226.3 KB)
- Clause 45.01 – Public Acquisition Overlay - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 27.6 KB)
- Schedule to Clause 45.01 - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 13.6 KB)
- Proposed Overlay Map - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 274.2 KB)
- Instruction Sheet - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 8.8 KB)
- West Growth Corridor Plan - Victorian Planning Authority (PDF, 24.6 MB)
- Extract from Biodiversity Conservation Strategy for Melbourne’s Growth Corridors - Biodiversity Report 2013 - Department of Primary Industries and Environment (PDF, 833.5 KB)
- Information Session Presentation - Werribee Park (PDF, 2.0 MB)
Further questions about this process please get in touch via the contact details below.
For proposed parks, acquisition and compensation please contact the project team:
☎ Phone: 0436 859 346
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Advisory Committee process and timing queries please contact:
Planning Panels Victoria
☎ Phone: (03) 8392 5121
✉ Email: email@example.com
For All other queries please contact:
DELWP State Project Facilitation
☎ Phone: (03) 9637 8628
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 15/11/19