The proposal for the park has been prepared by the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change.
The Minister for Planning has referred the proposal to the independent Regional Parks Standing Advisory Committee for consideration and to provide recommendations on the suitability of the proposed planning scheme changes.
Municipality: Melton City Council
Proposed changes to the Melton Planning Scheme Amendment GC99 include:
- Apply the Public Acquisition Overlay 10 (PAO10) to part of the site proposed for the Kororoit Creek Regional Park
- Update Clause 45.01 of the scheme to list the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change as the acquiring authority for the relevant land.
Submissions were taken from 28 May 2018 until 5pm 6 July 2018. Submissions are now closed.
For more information about the advisory committee process, please refer to the Engage Vic website.
Advisory committee report
The Advisory Committee recommended that Amendment GC99 to the Casey, Melton and Wydham planning schemes be approved.
Read the Advisory Committee's report and recommendations:
Minister for Planning's decision
The Minister for Planning has approved Amendment GC99 to the Casey, Melton and Wyndham planning schemes as exhibited. The Minister supported all recommendations of the advisory committee.
Read the Minister's response to the Advisory Committee's recommendations:
Changes to the planning provisions for land required for the three new regional parks were gazetted on 14 November 2019. View the amendment details:
Updates on the Kororoit Regional Park
For more information read the park update and information sheet for the Kororoit Regional Park:
Biodiversity values of the Kororoit Regional Park
The Kororoit Creek Regional Park has highly significant native grassland values. This includes large areas of the critically endangered Natural Temperate Grassland vegetation community as well as habitat for a number of nationally threatened flora and fauna species. The regional park will be managed to protect and enhance these grassland values.
Planning Scheme Amendment GC99 Documents
- Explanatory Report - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 226.5 KB)
- Clause 45.01 – Public Acquisition Overlay - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 27.6 KB)
- Schedule to Clause 45.01 - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 11.8 KB)
- Proposed Overlay Map - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 379.3 KB)
- Instruction Sheet - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 8.7 KB)
- West Growth Corridor Plan - Victorian Planning Authority (PDF, 24.6 MB)
- Extract from Biodiversity Conservation Strategy for Melbourne’s Growth Corridors - Biodiversity Report 2013 - Department of Primary Industries and Environment (PDF, 355.9 KB)
- Information Session Presentation - Kororoit Creek (PDF, 1.5 MB)
Further questions about this process please get in touch via the contact details below.
For proposed parks, acquisition and compensation please contact the project team:
☎ Phone: 0436 859 346
✉ Email: email@example.com
For Advisory Committee process and timing queries please contact:
Planning Panels Victoria
☎ Phone: (03) 8392 5121
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For All other queries please contact:
DELWP State Project Facilitation
☎ Phone: (03) 9637 8628
✉ Email: email@example.com
Page last updated: 15/11/19