The proposal for the park has been prepared by the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change.
The Minister for Planning has referred the proposal to the independent Regional Parks Standing Advisory Committee for consideration and to provide recommendations on the suitability of the proposed planning scheme changes.
Municipality: Casey City Council
Proposed changes to the Casey Planning Scheme Amendment GC99 include:
- Apply Public Acquisition Overlay 7 (PAO7) to the site proposed for the Clyde Regional Park
- Update Clause 45.01 of the scheme to reference the Minister for Energy, Environment and Climate Change as the acquiring authority for the regional park.
Submissions were taken from 28 May 2018 until 5pm 6 July 2018. Submissions are now closed.
For more information about the advisory committee process, please refer to the Engage Vic website.
Advisory committee report
The Advisory Committee recommended that Amendment GC99 to the Casey, Melton and Wydham planning schemes be approved.
Read the Advisory Committee's report and recommendations:
Minister for Planning's decision
The Minister for Planning has approved Amendment GC99 to the Casey, Melton and Wyndham planning schemes as exhibited. The Minister supported all recommendations of the advisory committee.
Read the Minister's response to the advisory committee's recommendations:
Changes to the planning provisions for land required for the three new regional parks were gazetted on 14 November 2019. View the amendment details:
Clyde Regional Park information and updates
For more information and an update read the information sheet for the Clyde Regional Park:
Biodiversity values of the Clyde Regional Park
The Clyde Creek Regional Park site have been identified as strategically important locations for a number of threatened species including Growling Grass Frog, migratory birds, Dwarf Galaxias and Southern Brown Bandicoot. The regional park will be managed to protect and enhance values for these species.
Planning Scheme Amendment GC99 documents
- Explanatory Report - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 226.0 KB)
- Clause 45.01 – Public Acquisition Overlay - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 27.6 KB)
- Schedule to Clause 45.01 - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 11.9 KB)
- Proposed Overlay Map - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 189.5 KB)
- Instruction Sheet - DELWP Land Management Policy (PDF, 8.7 KB)
- South East Growth Corridor Plan - Victorian Planning Authority (PDF, 18.5 MB)
- Extract from Biodiversity Conservation Strategy for Melbourne’s Growth Corridors - Biodiversity Report 2013 - Department of Primary Industries and Environment (PDF, 94.7 KB)
- Information Session Presentation - Clyde Park (PDF, 1.2 MB)
Further questions about this process please get in touch via the contact details below.
- For proposed parks, acquisition and compensation please contact the project team:
☎ Phone: 0436 859 346
✉ Email: email@example.com
- For Advisory Committee process and timing queries please contact:
Planning Panels Victoria
☎ Phone: (03) 8392 5121
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For All other queries please contact:
DELWP State Project Facilitation
☎ Phone: (03) 9637 8628
✉ Email: email@example.com
Page last updated: 15/11/19