The Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Growth Plan covers the municipalities of Hindmarsh, Horsham, Northern Grampians, West Wimmera and Yarriambiack.The plan provides broad direction for regional land use and development in the region and a more detailed planning framework for the regional city of Horsham.
Regional growth plan
Amendment VC106 changes the Victoria Planning Provisions and all planning schemes by inserting clauses 11.06 - 11.13 into the State Planning Policy Framework which set out the objectives and strategies of Victoria's eight regional growth plans.
The Minister for Planning launched the Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Growth Plan on 2 July 2014.
The plan has been endorsed by each of the five Wimmera Southern Mallee region councils following consultation with the community.
Download a summary of the plan:
- Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Growth Plan - Summary (PDF, 1003.8 KB)
- Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Growth Plan - Summary (DOCX, 57.6 KB)
Download a copy of the full plan:
- Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Growth Plan (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Growth Plan (DOCX, 288.4 KB)
- Wimmera Southern Mallee Regional Growth Plan light print (PDF, 1.4 MB)
Maps from the regional growth plan
Download the regional growth plan maps:
- The eight regional growth plans (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Wimmera Southern Mallee region (PDF, 731.8 KB)
- Links to surrounding regions (PDF, 1.3 MB)
Living in the region
- Strategic settlement framework plan – communities of interest (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Horsham strategic framework plan (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Regional strategic assets (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Rural land use – some potential strategic opportunities (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Strategic energy opportunities (PDF, 1.9 MB)