The Planning and Environment Act 1987 allows certain documents to be incorporated in a planning scheme by reference, rather than by including them in the scheme itself.
Incorporated documents are included in the list in:
- the Table to Clause 72.04 (statewide); or
- the Schedule to Clause 72.04 (local) of the planning scheme.
Generally, where reference to a document is specifically required because the document affects the operation of the planning scheme, the document, or relevant part of the document, should be incorporated and read as part of the scheme.
Find information about the difference between an incorporated document and a reference or background document in Planning Practice Note 13: Incorporated and reference documents (PDF, 144.0 KB) or (DOCX, 35.9 KB)
Documents which have been incorporated into a planning scheme by a local council (Schedule to Clause 72.04) form part of that planning scheme. They must be available for inspection at that council's offices and at the department's offices. The council should be able to advise if you can get copies of these incorporated documents.
Statewide incorporated documents (Table to Clause 72.04) are available from the organisations listed below. As part of every planning scheme, they are available for inspection at any local council and at the department's offices. If a document is not available online, please contact the relevant departmental office or the council to make an appointment to view it.
Statewide (VPP) incorporated documents
- Principal Public Transport Network 2017 (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- Victorian Code for Broiler Farms 2009 (PDF, 4.8 MB) or (DOCX, 283.7 KB)
- Victorian Code for Cattle Feedlots - August 1995 (PDF, 7.9 MB) or:
- Part 1 - Contents, Introduction and How the code works (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Part 2 - How to get approval (PDF, 563.0 KB)
- Part 3 - Design and operational requirements to approved measure AM13 (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Part 4 - Element 3 Odour to Element 6 Traffic and parking (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- Part 5 - Element 7 Landscaping to Maintenance of standards - audit requirements (PDF, 685.5 KB)
- Part 6 - Planning considerations to Appendix 3 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Part 7 - Appendix 4 and proposal forms (PDF, 1.0 MB)
- Victorian Low Density Mobile Outdoor Pig Farm Planning Permit Guidelines (PDF, 661.5 KB) or (DOC, 98.5 KB)
- Victorian Low Density Mobile Outdoor Poultry Farm Planning Permit Guidelines (PDF, 592.6 KB) or (DOC, 77.0 KB)
- A 'Good Neighbour' Code of Practice for a Circus or Carnival (PDF, 2.2 MB, 13 pp.)
- A Code of Practice for Telecommunications Facilities in Victoria (PDF, 156.1 KB, 18 pp.)
- Apiary Code of Practice (Republished May 2011) (PDF, 1.8 MB, 20 pp.)
- Code of Practice for Bushfire Management on Public Land, 2012 (PDF, 5.0 MB)
- Code of Practice - Private Tennis Court Development (PDF, 208.3 KB, 8 pp.)
- Code of Practice for Timber Production 2014 (PDF, 675.0 KB)
- Guidelines for the removal, destruction or lopping of native vegetation, December 2017 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Local Government Planning Guide for Dryland Salinity- Department of Conservation and Natural Resources, October 1995 (Vol. 1 of two volume kit) (PDF, 3.0 MB)
- Planning requirements for racing dog keeping and training, August 2017 (PDF, 208.3 KB)
- Guidelines for Environmental Management - Code of Practice - Onsite Wastewater Management, Publication 891.4, Environment Protection Authority, 2016 (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Construction Techniques for Sediment Pollution Control, Environment Protection Authority, May 1991 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
Available from Environment Protection Authority Victoria
- Building in bushfire-prone areas - CSIRO & Standards Australia (SAA HB36-1993), May 1993
- Australian Standard AS/NZS 2890.1-2004. Parking Facilities - Part 1: Off-street car parking. Standards Australia
- Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS 1158.3.1:1999, Road Lighting, Part 3.1:Pedestrian Area (Category P) lighting - Performance and installation design requirements, Standards Australia/Standards New Zealand 1999
- Australian/New Zealand Standard AS/NZS1158.1.1:1997, Road Lighting, Part 1.1:Vehicular traffic (Category V) lighting - Performance and installation design requirements, Standards Australia/Standards New Zealand 1997
- Australian Standard AS2890.3-1993, Parking Facilities Part 3: Bicycle parking facilities. Standards Australia 1993
- Australian Standard AS2890.2-2002, Parking facilities: Off-street commercial vehicle facilities, Standards Australia 2002
Available from SAI Global