Search for a planning report
Search for planning information, including zones, overlays and maps, about a property or land parcel.
The Planning Report Search provides you with quick and easy access to a summary of planning information for an address in Victoria.
View a summary planning report by searching for the address of the property or land parcel that you are interested in or generate a PDF Planning Property Report.
Get a detailed Planning Property Report
Download a PDF Planning Property Report, which includes more detailed planning information about your search result, by selecting the ‘Download PDF Report’ button.
The full PDF Planning Property Report includes:
- a planning zone map
- separate maps for planning overlays affecting a property or parcel
- links to the zone and overlay provisions in the local planning scheme
- whether a property is included on the Victorian Heritage Register
- whether the property is in a designated bushfire prone area
- investigation areas for Melbourne @ 5 million
- Melbourne strategic assessment area
- areas of Aboriginal and cultural heritage sensitivity.
View an interactive map in VicPlan
VicPlan is an interactive mapping tool that provides location-based zone and overlay information. You can zoom and pan with ease, providing easy access to a range of planning and property information across a larger area.
VicPlan allows you to:
- search for the planning information of a property or zoom out to browse the entire suburb
- view aerial imagery for Victoria
- draw on and mark-up the map
- measure dimensions
- apply a range of map layers
- generate a Planning Property Report
- create and build your own map
- access many other useful tools.
Frequently Asked Questions
I’m looking for information about a property. How do I find out what zone and overlays has been applied to the land?
The Planning Report is your way to go. Enter the property address into the search bar above and choose the correct address that appears under the search bar. On the next page you’ll find a summary of planning information about your interested property. You can even download this information as a neat PDF Planning Report by choosing “Download PDF Report”.
Can I access more detailed information on other properties in the area?
Yes. Check out VicPlan – a state-wide, interactive mapping tool for location-based zone and overlay information. You can search for the planning information of an individual property or zoom out to browse the entire suburb. You can generate a planning report, draw on and mark-up the map, measure dimensions, apply a range of map layers and access many other useful tools.
What’s the difference between the Planning Report and VicPlan?
The Planning Report is designed for anyone who wants quick access to a summary of planning information about an individual property or land parcel. It’s perfect for those who already know the address of the property they are seeking information on.
VicPlan provides more comprehensive information on properties and the wider local government area. It’s interactive, so you can zoom and pan with ease, providing easy access to a range of planning and property information across a larger area.
Who can I contact for more information?
If you have any questions, queries or comments about the Planning Report, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org