Planning support for rural and regional councils
The Regional Planning Hub is a new program to support rural and regional councils plan and develop their municipalities and shires.
The program provides statutory and strategic planning support and resources that:
- assist councils with peak workloads and priority developments
- build land use planning capacity and capability within councils
- improve planning schemes to streamline and simplify processes and approvals
- assist with significant regional planning projects
The program is managed by Regional Planning Partnerships. This team works with rural and regional councils to grow and realise economic development.
As part of the program, assistance is available for:
- statutory planning
- strategic planning
- professional development
Rural and regional councils can submit a request through the Regional Planning Hub portal linked below.
Priority will go to requests that meet all or most of the Regional Planning Hub criteria.
Requests will be assessed and prioritised against the 4 criteria set out below.
- A need for surge support in statutory or strategic planning that will deliver outcomes on the ground
- The need to improve the council’s planning and economic development capacity
Assistance will support a matter of demonstrated sound planning need.
- contribute to regional Victoria’s liveability.
- support economic development and recovery in regional Victoria.
Assistance will deliver an improvement to a planning scheme or process.
Please see below for more information on the eligibility criteria.
Regional Planning Hub application portal
If your council meets the eligibility criteria and would like assistance:
Please note: Council users must be granted initial access to the portal. The Regional Planning Partnerships team will consult with councils about user access as part of engagement over August 2021.
For help in using the portal, see the following guides:
For answers to your Frequently Asked Questions, please see the below documents:
For all enquiries please contact:
Page last updated: 27/07/21