The Urban Development Program Regional Report for Wellington provides analysis of residential and industrial land supply and demand.

Residential land supply

As measured from July 2006 to July 2012 residential building approval activity within the Shire of Wellington has averaged 312 per annum. The vast majority of building approvals (92%) since July 2006 have been separate houses, the remaining 8% for medium density dwellings.

Projected dwelling requirements sourced from Victoria in Future 2012 indicate that from 2011 to 2031 there will be a total dwelling requirement of 4,664 (233 average per annum) required across the Shire of Wellington.

In total (excluding existing vacant residential lots) there is a residential supply of 8,708 potential lots.

It is estimated, based on the identified supply and Victoria in Future 2012 demand projections, there is over 15 years total supply of residential land stocks across the Shire of Wellington.

UDP Regional Residential Report Wodonga

Industrial land supply

As at December 2012, there was a total of 411 hectares zoned industrial land (excluding Longford) across the Shire of Wellington, of which 76 hectares were assessed as available (supply) for industrial purpose development - a total land area vacancy rate of 18%.

Based on analysis of aerial photography and stakeholder consultation, the consumption of land for industrial purposes has averaged 0.3 hectares per annum between 2000 and 2012.

In total, there is in excess of 15 years of industrial zoned land within the municipality based on the average annual rate of land consumption in the period 2000 to 2012.

UDP Regional Industrial Report Wodonga

Page last updated: 22/10/19