The Urban Development Program Regional Report for Campaspe provides analysis of residential and industrial land supply and demand.

Residential land supply

As measured from July 2006 to July 2012 residential building approval activity within the Shire of Campaspe has averaged 162 per annum. The vast majority of building approvals (90%) since July 2006 have been separate houses, the remaining 10% for medium density dwellings.

Projected dwelling requirements sourced from Victoria in Future 2012 indicate that from 2011 to 2031 there will be a total dwelling requirement of 4,609 (230 average per annum) required across the Shire of Campaspe.

In total (excluding existing vacant residential lots) there is a residential supply of 9,576 potential lots.

It is estimated, based on the identified supply and Victoria in Future 2012 demand projections, there is over 15 years total supply of residential land stocks across the Shire of Campaspe.

Campaspe Residential Cover

Industrial land supply

As at December 2012, there was a total of 474 hectares zoned industrial land stock across the Shire of Campaspe, of which 209 hectares were assessed as available (supply) for industrial development - a total land area vacancy rate of 44%.

Based on analysis of aerial photography and stakeholder consultation, the consumption of land for industrial purposes has averaged 3.9 hectares per annum between 2006 and 2012.

In total, there is in excess of 15 years of industrial zoned land within the municipality based on the average annual rate of land consumption in the period 2006 to 2012.

Campaspe Industrial Cover

Regional Industrial Report - Shire of Campaspe

The report is also available for downloading in accessible format below.

Industrial Maps

UDP Data

Urban Development Program residential and industrial land supply data is available for download in the zip file below. MapInfo software is required to use them.

More information

If you have any difficulty in accessing the information above or would like more information about the Urban Development Program, contact us on (03) 9223 1783 or email

Page last updated: 22/10/19