VicPlan is Victoria’s official statewide planning zone and overlay information service covering all 3.5 million properties in Victoria.
VicPlan was introduced in August 2017 to replace the traditional 15,000 PDF grid maps and has replaced the Planning Maps Online website.
VicPlan is one of the many tools available on www.planning.vic.gov.au. Each year, more than 5 million people use our planning tools and over 2.5 million people access the Planning Property Report.
The tool utilises the latest ESRI technology and overtime will be further enhanced to introduce new datasets and features.
- Lot and Plan (or SPI) numbers will automatically display over each parcel, eg. 1/TP171612
- Street address can be switched on to label each property, eg. 17 Steven Crescent Ararat 3377.
Additional map labels are now included to help verify parcels and properties while browsing the map.
Historical Zoning Maps are sets of four historic images representing the planning scheme for Melbourne as it was in 1954, 1959, 1968 and 1985.
Our next release will include:
- New Planning Property Report
- Geolocation feature which denotes user’s device location on the map
- Advanced tab for sophisticated analytical and visualisation tools
- Improvements to map printing
- Date stamp on imagery layer
We are keen to engage with VicPlan users in the design of future releases of VicPlan. A feedback form can be found within the application on the Home tab of the toolbar.
Previous VicPlan releases
- Contour layers have been moved from the layer catalogue to the main VicPlan layer control for simple access.
- CFA and MFB are now available from the layer catalogue which can be added to the VicPlan map.
- Definition Plan dimension improvements particularly with Special Building Overlay and Land Subject to Inundation Overlay
- Extractive Industry Work Authority sites are now able to be searched via VicPlan search box.
- Bushfire folder transparency slider fix.
- Contour layers can be customised if required (ie. change colour and style) to suit particular map views.
- Additional metadatalinks to major datasets have been added and minor bug fixes have also been addressed.
- Proposed property and parcel layers added to the Property folder to view newly subdivided land.
- Crown Land layers also added to the Property folder
- Gazetted date added to each planning scheme zone - click on the zone or use the interrogate tool to see the gazetted date
- Rural Flood Overlay incorporated into the Flood Overlay layer
- Bushfire Management Overlay also added to Bushfire folder alongside Bushfire Prone Areas and is still available in the Planning Scheme Overlays folder
- Extractive Industry Work Authorities contains 3 new data layers accessible via VicPlan Layer catalogue, located in the Map tab of the toolbar.
- Definition Plan tool added to the toolbar Tool tab to request Definition Plans for zones and overlays that run through a property.
- Proposed searching of properties and parcels now included in the search feature
- Zoom to 1:400 map scale and get a closer view of the map, particularly useful for viewing smaller properties
- Search by X,Y tool added to the Home tab toolbar to find a location by coordinates
- Hybrid base map fix to the drawing order so that street numbers and names can be viewed above other layers
- Search type examples and tips added to Home panel and splash screen slides at start-up
- History of Planning Scheme zones, overlays, amendments and property boundaries at a point in time
- Exhibited Map Amendments with additional layer highlighting new exhibitions
- Wetlands data including Ramsar Sites & Extractive Industry Work Authorities added to the Layer Catalogue
- 1985 Historic Planning Scheme map repaired and now available
- Try the new Time slider to interact with histories of the Planning Scheme and associated property layer
- Link from each map Amendment to the Amendments web page for status and details
- Search by Hermes number for Heritage Inventory and Register sites
- Search by Crown land descriptors, eg. Parish Barp Allot 27A Sec F (27A~F\PP2080)
- Measure Area tool for simple and accurate areas of property and other features
- Switching between base maps issue has now been resolved
- Overlay Filter tool issue resolved
- Planning Scheme Overlay display resolved
- Users can now customise the styles of both property and parcel map layers
- User survey available on start up
- Repair to the historic 1985 Planning Scheme map, missing sections replaced
- Fix of overlay map labels
- New data catalogue from which additional map layers can be added to VicPlan
- New Overlay intersector tool, extends existing Zone intersector function to overlays
- Improved map layer styling to better distinguish Planning Scheme Overlays and other map layers
- New data includes all catalog layers, ie. Precinct Structure Plan areas, ABS Population, land use, vegetation and many more layers
- Improved performance and security
- Integration of Google Street View
- New tools - Data Import, Zone Intersector, Overlay Filter, advanced property/parcel search
- Improved styling to distinguish Heritage and Built form Overlays & new ICO and SCO overlays
- Map legend for historic planning scheme maps
- A new look planning report
- Simplified tools to measure distance/area, mark-up map and filter data layers
- A new car parking/PPTN interactive map to support changes to car parking provisions introduced by Amendment VC 148
- Improved printing functions including templates up to A2 in size
- New datasets previously provided in Planning Maps Online (PMO) including:
- Bushfire areas
- Heritage features
- Growth Areas
- Historic Planning Schemes (1960s-1980s)
If you have any general questions or require further assistance about VicPlan please contact us:
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 17/03/20