VicPlan is Victoria’s official statewide planning zone and overlay information service covering all 3.5 million properties in Victoria.
VicPlan was introduced in August 2017 to replace the traditional 15,000 PDF grid maps and by the end of 2018 will have fully replaced the Planning Maps Online website.
VicPlan is one of the many tools available on www.planning.vic.gov.au. Each year, more than 5 million people use our planning tools and over 2.5 million people access Planning Report.
The tool utilises the latest ESRI technology and overtime will be further enhanced to introduce new datasets and features.
The updates for Release 2.1.0 include:
- Improved performance and security
- Integration of Google Street View
- New tools - Data Import, Zone Intersector, Overlay Filter, advanced property/parcel search
- Improved styling to distinguish Heritage and Built form Overlays & new ICO and SCO overlays
- Map legend for historic planning scheme maps
The updates for Release 2.0 include:
- A new look planning report
- Simplified tools to measure distance/area, mark-up map and filter data layers
- A new car parking/PPTN interactive map to support changes to car parking provisions introduced by Amendment VC 148
- Improved printing functions including templates up to A2 in size
- New datasets previously provided in Planning Maps Online (PMO) including:
- Bushfire areas
- Heritage features
- Growth Areas
- Historic Planning Schemes (1960s-1980s)
Our next release in will include:
- Advanced tab for sophisticated analytical and visualisation tools
- Improved searching with more options
- Geo-location function
A key future priority for 2018/2019 is the introduction of Planning Scheme Spatial Histories which will enable the end the production of the traditional PDF grid maps. These initiatives will help realise the goal of a fully digital planning system in Victoria.
We are keen to engage with VicPlan users in the design of future releases of VicPlan. A feedback form can be found within the application on the Home tab of the toolbar.