Clause 53.02 Bushfire Planning works alongside the BMO. It sets out the bushfire protection objectives and design measures that an application must meet including:
- landscape and site hazard assessments
- building siting, design and ability to withstand bushfire attack (BAL)
- defendable space and vegetation management requirements
- on-site water supply
- emergency services vehicle access.
If you’re in a BMO schedule, it may specify other or additional measures.
For more information on design measures, refer to:
- clause 53.02 Bushfire Planning
- Pathway 2 in Planning Permit Applications Bushfire Management Overlay - Technical Guide
- standard planning permit conditions see the CFA website.
Page last updated: 07/08/20