On this page:
What are these tools for?
The RFI laspe date reminder tools include a letter, calendar reminder and a text. Lapse date reminders are a good customer service tool that improves applicant experience and reduces the chance of lapsed applications. These tools should be automated, and this should be discussed with your IT and Communications departments. You may find only one or two of the tools would be appropriate in your council, and you do not need to utilise all three.
Instructions for use
The tools can be customised to reflect the dates and contact details of the specific application.
Updating text on the tools
The tools should be edited to reflect the points of contact and due dates specific to the application.
You should also add your letterhead or logo/standard headers and footers where possible to identify your council
Where should these tools be available
The letter, calendar reminder and texts should be stored internally. They should be automated to be sent to the applicant on a specific chosen date, for instance one week before the RFI due date
Tips to get the most out of these tools
For this tool to be most effective at your council, we recommend:
- edit the tools to reflect accurate contact details and due dates
- speak to IT and Communcations departments to determine capacity to automate reminders
- choose appropriate reminder tools and automation dates for your council
- store a copy of the tools where they can be easily located by council staff
- remove any implementation notes, or highlighted text prior to publishing the template.
Having automated reminders is a good customer service practice that will assist applicants in providing their response before the RFI due date. This will result in less lapsed applications, and an improved applicant experience.
Page last updated: 23/08/23