On this page:
What is this template for?
The framework was created to assist council staff in navigating the consultation process, including balancing the needs of applicants and objectors. The framework offers guiding principles for customer service and can be modified to suit each council.
Instructions for use
The template can be customised to reflect your council’s consultation process and principles.
Updating text on the framework
The framework template outlines a standard process and can be edited to fit your council's needs.
The following areas of the tool can be customised:
- add your letterhead or logo/standard headers and footers to identify your council
- amend text to reflect the consultation principles, processes and matrix elements that are relevant to your council.
- remove implementation notes before publishing.
Where should the framework be available
This framework is an internal facing document only for council staff and should be stored in an internal system in an easily accessible location. This should also be available to all new starters as part of an induction pack.
Tips to get the most out of this tool
For this tool to be most effective at your council, we recommend:
- ensure the framework is well understood by staff and is included as part of induction materials
- store a copy of the tool where it can be easily located for planners.
Having a well understood and followed consultation process increases consistency and fairness.
Page last updated: 23/08/23