On this page:
What is this template for?
The notice of planning application letter template is a standard format for local councils to use when notifying their community of planning applications.
The template has been designed and tested with local planning authorities and the community to provide a great experience for community members while also meeting mandatory requirements.
Use the template and the instructions below to tailor the letter to your local government area.
Instructions for use
The template can be customised to meet your requirements and to be specific to each application.
Updating text on the letter
The following areas of the template can be customised:
- add your letterhead or logo/standard headers and footers to identify your council
- insert details of the specific application where prompted
- include QR code which leads to full details of the proposal
- remove the instructions in yellow highlight/red text before publishing.
Where should the letter template be available
The template should be stored internally in a location that is easy for planning and admin staff to access, and mailed out to affected parties as required.
Tips to get the most out of this template
For this template to be most effective at your council, we recommend:
- ensuring the purpose of the letter and the contents is well understood by planning and admin staff, so they can assist recipients with their understanding as required.
- store a copy of the tool where it can be easily located for planners and admin staff
Having a well understood, user-friendly notice letter will help reduce any misunderstandings regarding the submission process.
Page last updated: 23/08/23