Plan Melbourne is guided by the principle of 20-minute neighbourhoods.
The 20-minute neighbourhood is all about 'living locally' - giving people the ability to meet most of their daily needs within a 20-minute walk from home, with access to safe cycling and local transport options.
In January 2018, the Minister for Planning launched the 20-Minute Neighbourhood Pilot Program. The program is being delivered in two project stages in partnership the Heart Foundation, Victoria Walks, Resilient Melbourne and local government.
The purpose of the program is to test the practical delivery of 20-minute neighbourhoods in locations across Melbourne.
Key findings from the pilot program are now available.
Read the reports:
- Creating a more liveable Melbourne (PDF, 9.8 MB) or (DOCX, 60 KB)
- Croydon South - Our 20-minute neighbourhood (PDF, 2.6 MB) or DOCX, 42 KB)
- Strathmore - Our 20-minute neighbourhood (PDF, 3.8 MB) or (DOCX, 45 KB)
- Sunshine - Our 20-minute neighbourhood (PDF, 3.4 MB) or (DOCX, 40 KB)
- 20-minute neighbourhood fact sheet (PDF, 1.1 MB)
How do we create a liveable city?
What is a 20-minute neighbourhood?
You may also be interested in . . .
Page last updated: 20/08/19