Clause 13.02-1S, the state bushfire policy, has a specific objective that guides and directs planning decision making.
The state bushfire policy objective is:
To strengthen the resilience of settlements and communities to bushfire through risk based planning that prioritises the protection of human life.
It reflects the:
- Victorian government’s commitment to creating a safer state
- important role of planning decision making which can avoid and reduce the risk of bushfire to people and communities.
- a rigorous assessment of bushfire before decisions are made
- growth is directed to low risk areas
- that development considers and includes bushfire protection measures in all stages of the planning process.
Page last updated: 25/01/22