The BMO specifies objectives and corresponding design measures in clause 44.06.
The BMO requires a proposed subdivision to:
- meet the requirements in clause 53.02 - refer below
- meet permit conditions for construction, defendable space, water supply and access
- meet the mandatory permit condition relating to new lots. All subdivision permits in residential zones require a section 173 agreement for new lots that specifies the bushfire protection measures for each new lot on their individual plans
- be referred to the relevant fire authority - see clause 66.03.
Note: a schedule to the BMO, or another control, may include different permit exemptions, additional or substitute bushfire protection measures, decision guidelines, referral exemptions and permit conditions.
- the BMO planning provision
- clause 66.03
- Pathway 3 (Subdivision) in the Planning Permit Applications Bushfire Management Overlay - Technical Guide
- standard planning permit conditions see the CFA Website.
Page last updated: 07/08/20