Generate an Interim Publish for the entire amendment with a comparison to the ‘Current Master Content’
When a user wants to see their entire amendment's proposed changes to ordinance against the copy of the ordinance as it appears in the planning scheme, they will want to compare to the ‘Current Master Content’.
1. Using ATS Authoring, whilst in the amendment document, select the Interim Publish button.
2. The user will be taken to the interim publish screen. The amendment number will default to the amendment that is being worked on. If the amendment number is not appearing, enter the number and select it when listed.
3. Enter a name for the folder. The name should make sense and does not need to include the amendment number, date or status as this is automatically recorded.
4 .Check the box at to ‘Produce PDF Comparisons’.
5. At the ‘Comparison Filter’ field, select ‘Baselines’. The ‘Compare to’ field will default to ‘Current Master Content’.
6. At the ‘Produce Outputs For’ section, leave the default for ‘Entire Amendment’.
7. Select the ‘RUN INTERIM PUBLISH’ button.
8. Select OK to acknowledge the message that the request has been submitted.
9. A reference number will appear showing that the request has been submitted. Do not click on ‘RUN INTERIM PUBLISH’ again, unless the selection criteria is changed to produce a different set of documents
10. If the interim publish is successful, the user who has generated the interim publish will receive an email once the documents are ready. Click on the URL link in the email to be directed to the interim publish folder.
11. If an email is received advising that the interim publish was unsuccessful, contact the team at email@example.com for assistance.
12. Once in the folder, select the sub-folder for the planning scheme. A GC or VC amendment will contain more than one sub-folder.
13. The number of files listed in the sub-folder will be dependent on the ordinance selected for changing or adding into the planning scheme. In this example, the amendment is modifying sub-clause sections 21.01-2, 21.03-1 and 21.04-1 so the documents that are generated will include other ordinance that fall under sub-clause 21.01, 21.03 or 21.04. The user can download all files at once to view or select each file individually. Also, where a schedule section is modified, the ordinance with the proposed changes will be presented as part of the entire schedule.
14. As the option was selected to produce a PDF comparison document, there will be a second file created that will include ‘Compare’ in the name.
Note: Such comparison files will not exist for ordinance that is being created as there is nothing to compare to in the master of the planning scheme.
15. Select the file or files (While holding Ctrl, click each of the other files) to select.
16. Select the download icon.
17. Depending on the web browser used and configuration, the files may appear on screen or in your Downloads folder via File Explorer.
18. Click on the file to open the PDF to view the ordinance which will open in another browser tab.
19. Scroll through the document and check the ordinance with proposed changes as required.
- Red denotes items that have been deleted
- Green denotes items that have been added
- Blue denotes formatting changes
Page last updated: 19/06/23