What are 20-minute neighbourhoods?
- To improve liveability, the Victorian Government is working to create a city of 20-minute neighbourhoods.
- It’s all about creating walkable neighbourhoods where people can live locally.
- Places where communities can access most of their daily needs, within a 20-minute return walk from home.
- These places should have diverse housing options and access to; safe cycling routes and local public transport, local health facilities, parks, shops and other local infrastructure.
- We are already working with local government, communities and industry to deliver projects, and are committed to building a liveable city of 20-minute neighbourhoods.
- To find out more visit the Plan Melbourne website.
Page last updated: 09/06/23