Section 1 is located along the existing rail corridor between Southern Cross Station and Deer Park.
Noise Impact Assessment Report
7 October 2010: The Minister for Planning determined that the report satisfied the conditions set by the former Minister for Planning in his decision of 7 October 2010:
- Noise Impact Assessment Report - Main Report (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Noise Impact Assessment Report - Technical Assessment Report (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Noise Impact Assessment Report - Appendix - Acoustic Terminology*
- Peer Review of Acoustic Assessment (PDF, 82.2 KB)
* The Appendix to the report is a large file and has not been included on this web page. To obtain a copy of this document, or if you have difficulty in accessing any documents on this page, contact email@example.com or (03) 8392 5474 during normal business hours.
Assessment under the Environment Effects Act 1978
Section 1 of the Regional Rail Link project, from Moonee Ponds Creek to Deer Park, was referred under the Environment Effects Act 1978.
7 October 2010: the Minister determined that an Environment Effects Statement was not required subject to specified conditions being met.
Designation under the MTPF Act
13 October 2010: the Minister designated the project area under section 95 of the Major Transport Projects Facilitation Act 2009.
27 March 2012, 24 July 2012 and 18 January 2013: variations to the project area were approved by the Minister by publication in the Government Gazette.
The project area is as shown in the plans below with reference LEGL./11-280 (sheets 1-39 inclusive), LEGL./12-003 (sheets 1-7 inclusive) and LEGL./12-004 (sheets 1-12 inclusive).
The designation of the project area enabled the project proponent (Regional Rail Link Authority) to use the project delivery powers (including land acquisition) under the Act.
Controls under the Planning and Environment Act 1987
January 2013: the Minister amended the Brimbank, Maribyrnong, Melbourne and Melton Planning Schemes to enable the use and development of the land for the purposes of the Regional Rail Link: