What's in the guide
This guide is intended for use by councils and other responsible authorities who draft planning permits.
It promotes a clear and consistent approach to preparing and applying permit conditions in Victoria.
The guide includes:
- best practice guidance supported by evidence including Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal cases
- an explanation of the components of a planning permit and a model planning permit
- instructions for drafting conditions by identifying and assembling the what, when and how
- 130+ model conditions on a variety of topics that can be copied or modified for inclusion in permits.
View the current guide
Always use the online copy of this document to ensure that you are using the latest version.
- Writing Planning Permits (PDF, 4.0 MB) or Writing Planning Permits (DOCX, 1.0 MB)
- Writing Planning Permits Appendix 1 – Model permit (PDF, 139.1 KB) or (DOCX, 93.1 KB)
- Writing Planning Permits Appendix 2 – Model conditions (PDF, 697.3 KB) or (DOCX, 210.0 KB)
Writing Planning Permits will be updated to respond to changes to Victoria’s planning system and feedback provided by users. If you have any feedback, you are encouraged to send your comments to email@example.com.
New funding to fast-track council flood planning
An investment of $22.2 million to fast-track more flood studies so that communities are best prepared Victorians for future floods.
Transformation Of Moonee Ponds Creek taking shape
The Reimagining Moonee Ponds Creek project is taking shape, with the first of 43,000 trees and shrubs being planted along the waterway’s banks.
South East Water Discovery Lab helps protect waterways
Protecting the environment through hands-on opportunities at the Mornington Peninsula’s Moonlit Sanctuary Wildlife Conservation Park.