Many projects on state government land are considered by the Minister for Planning due to their importance to the State of Victoria.
For examples of state infrastructure projects facilitated by State Project Planning Facilitation see:
Bell Street entrance to Coburg train station
Recent State Project decisions
In accordance with Clause 52.30-2 (State Project Decision), the Minister for Planning has determined the following project is considered a state project:
Dennys Place Breakthrough Project
Dennys Place Breakthrough Project is part of the wider Revitalising Central Geelong Action Plan.
Determined on 5 September.
To obtain further details about the project and the community engagement go to:
Suburban Rail Loop East (Cheltenham to Box Hill) Initial Works
To find out more about the Initial Works and to provide your feedback visit Engage Victoria SRL East: Initial Works.
Determined on 15 August 2021.
For more information contact Suburban Rail Loop Authority:
- Phone: 1800 105 105 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Email: Suburban Rail Loop East
- Website: Suburban Rail Loop East
Werribee Open Range Zoo - Sky Safari (Gondola) Project
Werribee Open Range Zoo - Sky Safari (Gondola) Project is part of a bigger Werribee Zoo expansion project.
Determined on 26 June 2021.
To obtain further details about the project contact Zoos Victoria.
Planning Scheme Amendments
- Toorak Road, Kooyong Level Crossing Removal Project is part of the Victorian Government’s commitment to remove 75 dangerous and congested level crossings across Melbourne by 2025 to improve road, rail and pedestrian safety and public transport facilities.
- The Victorian Pride Centre, St Kilda is a new civic and community facility that will be the first of its kind in Australia. It will provide positive social benefits for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Queer (LGBTIQ) community and the Victorian community.
- Ikon Park, Carlton North (previously Princes Park) provides for a facilities upgrade and transformation into the new home for AFLW.
- Chisholm Road Prison, Lara is a new facility needed to accommodate the growing prison system and deliver rehabilitation, education and transition programs.
Page last updated: 30/09/21