On this page:
What is this template for?
The RFI (request for information) response preparation guide provides RFI recipients with key information about RFIs to ensure they do not feel overwhelmed or confused when they receive an RFI.
The guide includes advice on:
- why they have received an RFI
- what their options are
- what happens if they miss the lapse date
- how to request an extension
- where to get more information
- how to respond.
This guide will reduce council time spent responding to common RFI queries.
Instructions for use
The guide can be customised to meet your council’s RFI requirements, and key contact information specific to your council should be added into the document.
Updating text on the guidance template
The RFI response preparation guide should be edited to reflect the points of contact, resources, submission methods, and information specific to your council.
Your letterhead or logo/standard headers and footers will need to be added to the guide to identify your council.
Where should the guide be available
The guide should be emailed out to applicants with each RFI letter and be stored internally, in an easily accessible location to enable planning and admin staff to send it out.
You may wish to make it available on the website so that applicants can familiarise themselves with the process prior to receiving an RFI.
Tips to get the most out of this template
For this template to be most effective at your council, we recommend:
- customise the tool to reflect processes and contact details in your council
- ensure the guidance information is understood by planning and admin staff so they can assist applicants as necessary
- send the guidance out with RFI letters to ensure it is circulated to all applicants
- store a copy of the tool where it can be easily located by council staff
- consider including the guidance on the website, so that applicants can familiarise themselves with the process prior to receiving an RFI.
- remove any implementation notes, or highlighted text prior to publishing the template.
Having clear RFI guidance information will assist applicants in their understanding of what is required of them and help them to form complete RFI responses.
This template will also reduce council time spent responding to common RFI queries.
Page last updated: 10/01/24