On this page:
What is this template for?
The planning common questions gives applicants the required information to understand the application process.
The template allows applicants to find information independently, saving your council time and resources.
Instructions for use
The template can be edited and customised to include questions most relevant to your council.
Updating text on the template
The template aims to inform applicants about the application process so they don't have to contact your council for answers.
The template should be updated to include common questions specific to your council
Where should the template be available?
The template should be available on your council’s website in an accessible location so applicants can easily find them or be directed to them.
Tips to get the most out of this template
For this template to be most effective at your council, we recommend:
- customise the template to reflect common queries at your council
- ensure the information is easily found on your council’s website
- ensure planning and admin staff are familiar with the location and content, so they can advise customers as required
- remove highlighted text prior to publishing the template
- store a copy where it can be easily located.
Providing this information will increase applicant understanding of the process and reduce council time and resources spent responding to common queries.
Page last updated: 23/08/23