The guidelines were developed to help planners and designers apply design principles that will improve the safety of the built environment, minimise the opportunity for crime, and promote safe, accessible and liveable places.
The Safer Design Guidelines aimed to:
- Increase community usage of public places, in the daytime and evening.
- Achieve connection and integration of streets and public places.
- Reduce opportunities for crime and anti-social behaviour.
- Improve the quality of life for the community by improving perceptions of public places.
- Create more liveable and sustainable environments.
You can read the guidelines here:
You may also be interested in . . .
Page last updated: 12/09/19