The Amendment comprises a comprehensive revision of the planning scheme.
The key changes to the planning scheme that are proposed under this amendment include:
- a rewritten Municipal Strategic Statement that provides clearer strategic direction and decision making guidance on a wide range of land use and development issues
- the introduction of three new local planning policies: Major Retail Developments, Environmentally Sustainable Development, and Dwellings in Green Wedge Areas
- the deletion of eight local planning policies which will become redundant as a result of new policy guidelines contained in the revised Municipal Strategic Statement and revised overlay schedules
- a set of new Significant Landscape Overlays that contain design guidelines for new development in Green Wedge areas
- a new Environmental Significance Overlay that identities the important biodiversity habitats in Yarra Ranges and provides targeted controls to protect these areas
- the removal of redundant Significant Landscape Overlay and Environmental Significance Overlay schedules
- a 5% public open space contribution requirement through the Schedule to Clause 52.01
- the removal of redundant requirements from the Schedule to Clause 53 of the planning scheme.
Panel or Committee
Upper Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges Regional Strategy Plan Panel
The amendment proposes changes to clauses within five chapters of the Upper Yarra Valley and Dandenong Ranges Regional Strategy Plan (Regional Strategy Plan), to bring it into line with more contemporary and effective planning provisions proposed as part of the major revision of the Yarra Ranges Planning Scheme.
Amendment 122 is being considered concurrently with Amendment C148 to the Yarra Ranges Planning Scheme which implements a proposed major revision of the planning scheme.
Making a submission
The period for making a submission on both Amendments closed at 5.00pm on Thursday 6 October 2016.
The arrangements for the directions hearings for both amendments will be made available here.
The arrangements for the Public Hearings for both will be made available here.
The panel will be required to submit its report for both amendments within 40 working days of the last hearing day (or from the date of the receipt of any further information requested by the panel).
If you have any questions or need further information, get in touch via the contact details below.
- For information about the Amendments, please contact:
Shire of Yarra Ranges
☎ Phone: (03) 9948 2857
- David Portelli
Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
☎ Phone: (03) 8683 0997
- For information about the Panel hearing process, please contact:
Planning Panels Victoria
☎ Phone: (03) 8392 5115
✉ Email: email@example.com