These statistics are based on quarterly data submitted to the Planning Permit Activity Reporting System (PPARS) by 80 Victorian responsible authorities.
These reports cover planning permit activity for the state. The data is aggregated and can be presented at four levels:
- statewide activity
- activity in metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria
- activity across six sub-regions, including three metropolitan groups and three regional groupings
- individual planning scheme activity.
Planning Permit Activity in Victoria in Q1 2022-23
- The number of applications received by responsible authorities was 12,014 a decrease of 4.2% on last quarter.
- The number of decisions made on applications was 12,223 a decrease of 2.1% on last quarter.
- Planning permits were issued for an estimated $35.9 billion in estimated cost of works.
- 60.7% of non-VicSmart applications were decided within sixty days.
- 315 applications were determined at VCAT.
This summary was prepared at the first generation of this quarterly report; at that time the following responsible authorities had not provided data to PPARs for the period of this report:
Central Goldfields, Hepburn, Hindmarsh, Indigo, Minister for Planning, Mitchell, Moonee Valley, Mount Alexander, Northern Grampians, Port Phillip, Wellington, Yarriambiack
Previous Quarterly reports
- Quarterly activity reports have been published since 2004. In 2012, the Department moved to solely online publication of the data.
- Report links will open the latest generated report (the previous month); previous reports can be viewed by using the date selectors.
If you have any questions or need further information, get in touch via the contact details below.
- Planning Support
☎ Phone: 1800 789 386
✉ Email: email@example.com
Page last updated: 17/10/22