PPARS reports have been updated with new dashboards released. New report dashboards are available.
The December 2022 and Q2 22/23 reports are the final reports to be generated in the legacy format. Please contact the Planning Support team with any concerns regarding the new format.
Legacy reports will be removed in the coming months.
These statistics are based on monthly data submitted to the Planning Permit Activity Reporting System (PPARS) by all 80 Victorian responsible authorities.
PPARs reports are subject to change as data is submitted by responsible authorities. Data sourced from PPARs should reference the report 'generated date' and statement of data accuracy which notes if any responsible authorities data is missing.
PPARs applies data checks in the form of 'business rules' for all data submitted for consistency. The validity of data relies on responsible authority systems, data entry and accurate submissions to PPARs.
Reports are generated on the 15th day of the month following the report period (or next business day). Planning Support will update reports with late submissions from responsible authorities on request.
These reports cover information for the state aggregated and can be presented at four levels:
- metropolitan Melbourne and rural/regional Victoria,
- three metropolitan and three rural/regional subregions
- the individual planning schemes.
Planning Permit Activity in Victoria in December 2022
- The number of applications received by responsible authorities was 3,207 a decrease of 15.4% on last month.
- The number of decisions made on applications was 3,446 a decrease of 15.6% on last month.
- Planning permits were issued for an estimated $1.94 billion in estimated cost of works.
- 60.9% of non-VicSmart applications were decided within sixty days.
- 69 applications were determined at VCAT.
This summary was prepared at the first generation of the monthly report; at that time the following responsible authorities had not provided data to PPARs for the period of this report:
Alpine, Buloke, Central Goldfields, Colac Otway, East Gippsland, Hepburn, Hindmarsh, Indigo, Maribyrnong, Minister for Planning, Mitchell, Moonee Valley, Mount Alexander, Port Phillip, Stonnington, Towong, Wodonga
Previous monthly reports
- Monthly activity reports have been published since 2004. In 2012, the Department moved to solely online publication of the data.
- Report links will open the latest generated report (the previous month); previous reports can be viewed by using the date selectors.
- The monthly reports published prior to June 2015 can be viewed here.
If you have any questions or need further information, get in touch via the contact details below.
- Planning Support
☎ Phone: 1800 789 386
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 27/01/23