These statistics are based on monthly data submitted to the Planning Permit Activity Reporting System (PPARS) by all 80 Victorian responsible authorities.
These reports cover information for the state aggregated and can be presented at four levels:
- metropolitan Melbourne and rural/regional Victoria,
- three metropolitan and three rural/regional subregions
- the individual planning schemes.
Planning Permit Activity in Victoria in October 2022
- The number of applications received by responsible authorities was 3,570 a decrease of 3.8% on last month.
- The number of decisions made on applications was 3,634 a decrease of 6.6% on last month.
- Planning permits were issued for an estimated $1.62 billion in estimated cost of works.
- 62.0% of non-VicSmart applications were decided within sixty days.
- 112 applications were determined at VCAT.
This summary was prepared at the first generation of the monthly report; at that time the following responsible authorities had not provided data to PPARs for the period of this report:
Alpine, Buloke, Central Goldfields, Colac Otway, Hepburn, Hindmarsh, Indigo, Knox, Minister for Planning, Moonee Valley, Mount Alexander, Port Phillip, Stonnington, Yarriambiack
Previous monthly reports
- Monthly activity reports have been published since 2004. In 2012, the Department moved to solely online publication of the data.
- Report links will open the latest generated report (the previous month); previous reports can be viewed by using the date selectors.
- The monthly reports published prior to June 2015 can be viewed here.
If you have any questions or need further information, get in touch via the contact details below.
- Planning Support
☎ Phone: 1800 789 386
✉ Email: email@example.com
Page last updated: 17/11/22