The Planning Permit Activity Reporting System (PPARS) is an online system which supports the automated collection of standardised permit activity data on a monthly basis from 79 Victorian councils. Monitoring planning permit activity is a key part of improving Victoria's planning system.
The system has been collecting data electronically since July 2007 and uses this data to provide vital information to inform planning decisions, measure outcomes and improve services.
An integrated online reporting system for Victoria
The availability of statistical data on planning permit activity:
- enables early identification of development industry trends
- provides information on activity levels,
- identifies factors affecting permit workload volumes for each council area, and
- identifies differences between and within metropolitan and rural areas across Victoria.
Trends can be analysed at various levels; by planning scheme, by metropolitan or rural areas, by selected scheme groupings or aggregated to a Victoria-wide picture of planning activity.
The Planning Permit Activity Reporting System produces a variety of publicly available reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
Information collected from each council area includes:
- what the permit applications are for
- the value of the works proposed
- how long they take to be processed
- how many are advertised
- how many have been referred to other agencies
- how many objections have been received
- trends in the numbers of applications and outcomes
- and much more…
Have your say on the future of PPARS reporting
The Planning Permit Activity Reporting System has been serving users online since 2007. The reports it produces enable their consumers to have insight on various facets related to planning permits. As part of improving the system and the data it collects and reports on, we would like to know your feedback to guide our future roadmap.
If you have any questions or need further information, get in touch via the contact details below.
☎ Phone: 1800 789 386
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 15/09/22