Future Homes design A by Design Strategy Architecture with IncluDesign is a series of urban, architectural, landscape, environmentally sustainable design and cost-effective design strategies that work together to generate high-quality, medium-density living.
The scheme consists of three key design elements: a well-sized communal courtyard, a welcoming threshold garden and strategically located communal stairs. All elements are designed to support interactions between the residents and neighbourhood and respond to contextual conditions.
For more information about this design response, see part 2 of the Building Future Homes: Adaption guide.
All designs perform above industry standard and provide:
- Plenty of access to natural light.
- 100% effective natural ventilation.
- Improved accessibility features that exceed current standards.
- Excellent environmental performance including a minimum 7.5-star average NatHERS rating across the development, with 6.5-star minimum for any individual apartment.
- Generous and high quality communal and private open space.
- Facilities that support sustainable and active transport.
Page last updated: 28/10/22