Design Intent Plans
The Design Intent Plans are freely available concept plans that give a sense of the look and feel of the apartments. The intent plans will help you in choosing the right Future Homes design for your site and needs.
Learn more about the designs
Download the Design Intent Plans or purchase a plan from the following options:
Future Home designs
When you purchase a Future Homes design package, you will receive a set of design development level plans which a suitably qualified person can adapt to suit your site, including:
- 3 different base layout options to adapt to your site:
- North-south orientation with at-grade car parking
- North-south orientation with basement car parking
- East-west orientation with at-grade car parking
- Example site plan including landscaping
- Floor plans at 1:100, showing the general apartment, circulation and parking
- Elevations and sections at 1:100, showing materials, general heights and clearances
- Apartment plans at 1:50 including floor areas, storage, accessibility response and breeze paths
- Window schedules, showing dimensions, glazing types and overlooking minimisation techniques
- Section and plan details illustrating design intent of key building junctions.
The pack also contains a materials schedule providing guidance and information on the preferred material strategy for the scheme. Options and substitutions provided by the architects are also included.
Use the Building Future Homes: Adaptation guide to adapt a Future Homes design to a specific site – this includes guidance on costs, landscape, accessibility, waste and an ESD checklist.
By purchasing the plans you will be granted access to the streamlined planning process. If the design has been adapted satisfactorily, planning approval can be granted within 4 months of purchase.
There are design elements that are consistent across all four Future Homes designs. The design quality in many instances exceeds what’s currently provided in typical apartment developments. They include:
- Plenty of access to natural light
- 100% effective natural ventilation
- Improved accessibility features that exceed current standards
- Excellent environmental performance including a minimum 7.5 star average NatHERS rating across the development, with 6.5 star minimum for any individual apartment
- Generous and high quality communal and private open space
- Facilities that support sustainable and active transport.
With the Future Homes designs, you can:
- This link will take you to the request portal where you can create an account, purchase plans, and manage your referral.
Use to submit a planning application under the streamlined planning process
Use the interactive map to find out if your property is eligible
Contact the Future Homes sales team for enquires relating to purchasing a Future Homes design at email@example.com.
Contact the Future Homes referral team for all enquires relating to planning and referral matters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Page last updated: 12/12/22