Creating quality homes
The design brief for Future Homes asked for high quality apartments that people want to live in. This means Future Homes will deliver apartments that are great homes, great neighbours and great citizens.
This is the standard of housing we think Victorians deserve.
A great home
- Family friendly design considerations are embedded into the designs. The architects worked closely with experts in the field to ensure that apartments have space for families to grow. Features such as adequate bench space adjacent to sinks and inclusion of laundry troughs have been built in.
- Accessibility for different stages of life has been considered in all Future Homes designs, with a minimum of 50% of the apartments exceeding current accessibility standards. This means apartments are easier to move around in and change over time, allowing residents to age in place gracefully. Some of the mandated features include wider corridors and adequate space in bathrooms for ease of all residents.
- Flexibility of space is increasingly important to how we live. Many apartments have spaces that can be easily adapted for working and studying from home.
- Choice in apartments is an important consideration. All Future Homes designs have a range of apartment sizes and can be adapted to best suit individual sites and requirements.
A great neighbour
- Garden and deep soil areas are mandated in the designs and the planning provisions. This means more trees, vegetation, and greener looking neighbourhoods.
- Communal and shared spaces are included in each design so residents can enjoy outdoor spaces and fresh air.
A great citizen
- Sustainability is front of mind in all Future Homes designs. Apartments have been designed to exceed the current sustainability performance requirements – meaning homes are more comfortable to live in, cheaper to run and better for the planet. All Future Homes developments have been designed to operate as fossil fuel-free from day one.
Page last updated: 28/10/22