The Minister for Planning has referred this site to the Government Land Standing Advisory Committee (Advisory Committee) for advice on the future planning provisions.
Owner of the site: Barwon Water
|Zoning||Public Use Zone 1 (Service and Utility)||Special Use Zone|
|Overlays and other provisions|
Environmental Significance Overlay – Schedule 1
Design and Development Overlay – Schedule 2
Bushfire Management Overlay
|Retain Existing Overlays|
Municipality: Moorabool Shire Council
Site address: 200 Shaws Road, Ballan
- Exhibition period: 6 February 2017 – 17 March 2017
- Public Hearings: Week beginning 28 and 29 March 2017
- Advisory Committee Report due to Minister for Planning: May 2017
The Advisory Committee is hosting a public information session if you have any questions about the process, timing or how to make a submission.
The public information session is being held on:
Wednesday 22 February: 6.30 pm – 7.30pm
Mechanics Institute Reserve and Community House
143 Inglis Street, Ballan
The Advisory Committee will hold public hearings for those submitters who wish to make a presentation. These will be held 28 and 29 March 2017. If you have requested to make a presentation, the Advisory Committee will write to you to confirm the date, time and location of the public hearings after the exhibition period has closed.
The following information will help understand what is being proposed and why the planning provisions were selected.
- Information Sheet (PDF, 328.62 KB)
- Planning Report, SMEC, 2016 (PDF, 11656.06 KB)
- Special Use Zone (PDF, 25.83 KB)
- Proposed Schedule to Special Use Zone (PDF, 22.24 KB)
- Zoning map (PDF, 457.75 KB)
- Cultural Heritage Assessment, Dr Tim Stone, June 2016 (PDF, 2293.93 KB)
- Ecological Assessment, SMEC, November 2015 Part 1 of 2 (PDF, 13988.46 KB)
- Ecological Assessment, SMEC, November 2015 Part 2 of 2 (PDF, 9751.08 KB)
- Bushfire Risk Assessment, Practical Ecology, July 2016 Part 1 of 6 (PDF, 3679.16 KB)
- Bushfire Risk Assessment, Practical Ecology, July 2016 Part 2 of 6 (PDF, 4776.62 KB)
- Bushfire Risk Assessment, Practical Ecology, July 2016 Part 3 of 6 (PDF, 6026 KB)
- Bushfire Risk Assessment, Practical Ecology, July 2016 Part 4 of 6 (PDF, 5048.68 KB)
- Bushfire Risk Assessment, Practical Ecology, July 2016 Part 5 of 6 (PDF, 5880.77 KB)
- Bushfire Risk Assessment, Practical Ecology, July 2016 Part 6 of 6 (PDF, 5667.97 KB)
- Tourism Potential Report, Essential Economics, March 2016 (PDF, 1180.18 KB)
- Preliminary Site Investigation, Tonkin and Talyor Pty Ltd, July 2016 (PDF, 10832.96 KB)
Planning Scheme Provisions
- Public Use Zone (PDF, 25.97 KB)
- Design and Development Overlay (PDF, 26.4 KB)
- Design and Development Overlay – Schedule 2 (PDF, 25.66 KB)
- Environmental Significance Overlay (PDF, 42.43 KB)
- Environmental Significance Overlay - Schedule 1 (PDF, 37.64 KB)
- Bushfire Management Overlay (PDF, 35.81 KB)
How to make a submission
All submissions must be directed to the Advisory Committee and will be treated as public documents. If you would like to make a presentation at the Public Hearing, you must make a written submission and complete the relevant section of the online form.
- Questions relating to the site and the selection of the proposed planning provisions, please contact Barwon Water
☎ Phone: (03) 5226 2534 or 📧 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions relating to the Advisory Committee process or timing, please contact Planning Panels Victoria.
☎ Phone: (03) 8392 5120 or 📧 Email email@example.com
- All other questions should be directed to the Fast Track Government Land Service.
☎ Phone: (03)8683 0901 or 📧 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org