The Minister for Planning is considering whether to prepare, adopt and approve Glenelg Planning Scheme Amendment C109 under section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
What the draft amendment does
The draft amendment seeks to facilitate the use and development of land for an aquaculture facility (abalone farm) with associated removal of native vegetation.
Specifically, the Amendment makes the following changes to the Glenelg Planning Scheme:
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 45.12 of the Glenelg Planning Scheme to introduce a new Schedule to the Specific Controls Overlay (SCO).
- Amend the Schedule to Clause 72.04 to introduce an Incorporated Document that will provide a bespoke planning control to regulate the development and use of the land for the purpose of an aquaculture (abalone) facility.
- Amend the relevant Planning Scheme Maps to apply the SCO to the site.
Before determining whether to proceed with the draft amendment, the Minister for Planning is undertaking consultation under section 20(5) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to understand the views of affected parties.
Following the consultation period, the Minister may decide to refer this matter to the Priority Projects Standing Advisory Committee for further advice before making a decision about whether to prepare, adopt and approve the draft amendment. If you make a submission, you will be informed if the matter is referred to the Priority Projects Standing Advisory Committee.
The Minister for Planning has received a request from Yumbah Aquaculture Limited to facilitate the proposal through the Development Facilitation Program. The Victorian Government has identified Victoria’s building and construction sector as a key mechanism to revitalise Victoria’s economy during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The Development Facilitation Program was established by the Minister following the success of the Building Victoria’s Recovery Taskforce Priority Project Fast-Track pilot program to speed up the assessment and determination of identified priority projects that deliver investment into the Victorian economy, keep people in jobs, and provide a substantial public benefit.
If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact Zoe Darmos, Planner, Priority Projects Team, Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have your say
Find out how to get involved and have your say on specific planning reviews
No results were found
View the draft amendment documents:
- Draft Glenelg C109 Explanatory Report (DOCX, 864.1 KB)
- Draft Glenelg C109 Instruction Sheet (DOC, 81.5 KB)
- Draft Glenelg C109 Map No.35SCO10 (PDF, 248.5 KB)
- Draft Glenelg C109 Schedule to Clause 45.12 Specific Controls Overlay (PDF, 122.3 KB)
- Draft Glenelg C109 Schedule to Clause 45.12 Specific Controls Overlay - compare (PDF, 122.1 KB)
- Draft Glenelg C109 Schedule to Clause 72.04 incorporated documents (PDF, 126.0 KB)
- Draft Glenelg C109 Schedule to Clause 72.04 incorporated documents - compare (PDF, 126.4 KB)
- Draft Glenelg C109 incorporated document, 315 Dutton Way, Bolwarra – Yumbah Aquaculture Facility, July 2022 (DOCX, 877.5 KB)
The draft amendment is supported by the following plans and reports:
- Acoustic Assessment prepared by Enfield Acoustics dated 22 December 2021 (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- Cultural Heritage Management Plan prepared by Andrew Long and Associates approved on 17 January 2019 (PDF, 10.5 MB)
- Economics Report prepared by Ethos Urban dated 10 February 2022 (PDF, 1001.4 KB)
- Flora and Fauna Review prepared by Biosis dated 7 February 2022 (part one) (PDF, 16.3 MB)
- Flora and Fauna Review prepared by Biosis dated 7 February 2022 (part two) (PDF, 7.0 MB)
- Landscape and Visual Assessment Report prepared by XUrban dated February 2022 (PDF, 3.5 MB)
- Landscape Plan, Dwg no. LS03 Rev B, prepared by XUrban dated 30 November 2021 (PDF, 6.7 MB)
- Odour Impacts Assessment prepared by Tonkin and Taylor dated March 2022 (PDF, 378.9 KB)
- Proposed Site Plan – Part A (part one) (PDF, 19.0 MB)
- Proposed Site Plan – Part A (part two) (PDF, 6.6 MB)
- Proposed Site Plan – Part B (part one) (PDF, 15.2 MB)
- Proposed Site Plan – Part B (part two) (PDF, 6.5 MB)
- Seawall and Pipeline Construction prepared by Water Technology dated 25 January 2022 (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Southern Right Whale Acoustic Impacts Assessment, Revision 1, prepared by Rhianne Ward dated February 2022 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Surface Water Management prepared by Water Technology dated 24 June 2022 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Title Details (PDF, 5.1 MB)
- Town Planning Report prepared by Urbis dated 29 March 2022 (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- Traffic Report prepared by Traffix Group undated (PDF, 3.6 MB)
- Traffic Swept Paths, Dwg no. G26935-01 Rev C, prepared by Traffix Group dated 16 March 2022 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Visual Impact Analysis prepared by Orbit Solutions dated 21 March 2022 (PDF, 9.9 MB)