The Minister for Planning is considering whether to prepare, adopt and approve Corangamite Planning Scheme Amendment C62 under section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987.
What the amendment does
The Amendment seeks to rezone the land at 5 and 17 Curdies Road, Timboon from Farming Zone to the Neighbourhood Residential Zone and the Public Use Zone. The Amendment would rezone the land in line with the Positioning Timboon and Simpson Structure Plan (Corangamite September 2020). The Positioning Timboon and Simpson Structure Plan (Corangamite September 2020) identifies the land as suitable for residential development through rezoning. The Amendment would also apply a new Schedule 7 to the Design and Development Overlay (DPO7) to ensure the development occurs in accordance with the broad development principles outlined through negotiations with the Environmental Protection Authority. Additionally, the Amendment would apply a Buffer Area Overlay and an Environmental Audit Overlay to land at 5 and 17 Curdies Road, Timboon which has been identified through preliminary site investigations as having a ‘medium’ potential for contamination.
Specifically, the Amendment makes the following changes to the Corangamite Planning Scheme:
- Rezone the land partially from Farming Zone to Neighbourhood Residential Zone – Schedule 1
- Rezone the land partially from Farming Zone to Public Use Zone – Schedule 6
- Introduce and apply a Design and Development Overlay – Schedule 7 to ensure comprehensive and coordinated development;
- Apply and introduce the Buffer Area Overlay to a portion of the land which comprises the NRZ
- Apply an Environmental Audit Overlay to the existing transfer station.
Before making a decision about whether to proceed with the draft amendment, the Minister for Planning is undertaking consultation under section 20(5) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to understand the views of affected parties.
Following the consultation period, the Minister may decide to refer this matter to the Priority Projects Standing Advisory Committee for further advice before making a decision about whether to prepare, adopt and approve the amendment. If you make a submission, you will be informed if the matter is referred to the Priority Projects Standing Advisory Committee.
The Minister for Planning has received a request from Corangamite Shire Council to facilitate the proposal through the Development Facilitation Program. The Victorian Government has identified Victoria’s building and construction sector as a key mechanism to revitalise Victoria’s economy during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The Development Facilitation Program was established by the Minister following the success of the Building Victoria’s Recovery Taskforce Priority Project Fast-Track pilot program to speed up the assessment and determination of identified priority projects that deliver investment into the Victorian economy, keep people in jobs, and provide a substantial public benefit.
If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact Robert Churkovich, Planner, Priority Projects Team, Department of Transport and Planning via email at email@example.com.
Have your say
Find out how to get involved and have your say on specific planning reviews
Curdies Road Timboon
Submissions must be made in writing to the Department of Transport and Planning.
Submissions opens on
9.00am - Tuesday 09 May 2023
Submissions close on
5.00pm - Tuesday 23 May 2023
You may make a submission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the draft amendment documents:
Proposed amendment documents
- Amend Planning Scheme Map No.26ZN
- New Planning Scheme Map No.26DDO
- New Planning Scheme Map No. 26BAO
- Amend Planning Scheme Map No.26EAO
The draft amendment is supported by the following plans and reports:
- Buffer Assessment prepared by Peter J Ramsay & Associates dated 4 April 2023
- Biodiversity Assessment prepared by Nature Advisory dated 15 June 2022
- Bushire Report prepared by Kevin Hazell Bushfire Planning dated 30 August 2022
- Cultural Heritage advice prepared by Tardis Archeology dated 8 April 2022
- Positioning Timboon & Simpson prepared by Echelon Planning and dated September 2020
- Preliminary Servicing and Drainage Assessment, prepared by PeakUrban and dated June 2022
- Preliminary Site Investigation prepared by Meinhardt dated July 2022
- Preliminary Risk Screen Assessment prepared by Bluesphere Environmental dated 21 December 2022
- Site Servicing and Access Due Diligence Study prepared by CSE Group dated 06 April 2021
- Title documents
- Traffic Engineering Assessment prepared by Traffix Group dated 30 June 2022.