The Minister for Planning has received a request from the proponent to accelerate the assessment and determination of a proposal for the demolition of the existing buildings on the land within a Heritage Overlay and construction of a three-storey building comprised of 45 social housing dwellings at 15-37 Emerald Street, South Melbourne as part of the Development Facilitation Program.
The Minister is considering whether to prepare, adopt and approve Port Phillip Planning Scheme Amendment C198port to facilitate this development under section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987. The Minister has not made a decision about whether to approve this development.
Before making a decision about whether to proceed with the amendment, the Minister for Planning is undertaking consultation under section 20(5) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to understand the views of affected parties.
Following the consultation period, the Minister may decide to refer this matter, and submissions received as part of the consultation process, to the Priority Projects Standing Advisory Committee for further advice before making a decision about whether to prepare, adopt and approve the proposed planning scheme amendment.
The Minister for Planning has received a request from the proponent to facilitate the proposal through the newly established Development Facilitation Program.
The Development Facilitation Program was established by the Minister for Planning following the success of the Building Victoria’s Recovery Taskforce Priority Project Fast-Track pilot program, to help keep the state’s building and development industry running through the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The program invites the development and construction industry to submit applications for fast tracking planning approvals of building and construction projects of state and regional significance across Victoria that deliver investment into the Victorian community, keep people in jobs and provide substantial public benefit.
The Minister for Planning is considering preparing an amendment to the Port Phillip Planning Scheme under section 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to introduce a Clause 45.12 Specific Controls Overlay and associated incorporated document to the site to facilitate the proposed development generally in accordance with a draft incorporated document.
If you would like to discuss this matter further, please contact Belinda De Lia, Senior Planner, Priority Projects Team, Statutory Planning Services, Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning via email at email@example.com.
Panel or Committee
Following the consultation period, the Minister may decide to refer this matter to the Priority Projects Standing Advisory Committee.
If you make a submission about this proposal you will be informed if the matter is referred to the Priority Projects Standing Advisory Committee.
Terms of Reference
Advisory committee members
- Kathy Mitchell (Lead Chair)
- Sarah Carlisle (Chair)
- Tim Hellsten (Chair)
- Lester Townsend (Chair)
- Con Tsotsoros (Chair)
- Mandy Elliott (Deputy Chair)
- Michael Kirsch (Deputy Chair)
- Trevor McCullough (Deputy Chair)
- William O’Neil (Deputy Chair)
- Sarah Auld
- Elissa Bell
- Steve Blackley
- Debra Butcher
- Geoffrey Carruthers
- Sally Conway
- Elke Cummins
- Noelene Duff
- Peter Edwards
- Ian Hamm
- Andrew Hutson
- Elizabeth McIntosh
- Lucinda Peterson
Have your say
Find out how to get involved and have your say on specific planning reviews
15-37 Emerald Street, South Melbourne
Extended Deadline Date for Submissions – by 5pm Monday 29th March 2021.
Submissions opens on
9.00am - Monday 01 March 2021
Submissions close on
5.00pm - Monday 29 March 2021
Submissions must be made in writing to the Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning. You may make a submission by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
View the draft amendment documents:
The draft is supported by the following documents:
- Town Planning Design Philosophy Statement, prepared by FMSA Architecture, 26/08/2020 (PDF, 136.9 KB)
- Architectural drawings, Existing Conditions Plan prepared by Hellier McFarland, 06/08/2020 (PDF, 601.0 KB)
- Landscape Schematic Package, SK000-SK002, SK101, SK201, prepared by Site Image Landscape Architects, 19/08/2020 (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- Traffic Impact Assessment, prepared by One Mile Grid Traffic Engineering, 13 August 2020 (PDF, 4.2 MB)
- Sustainability Management Plan, prepared by JBA Consulting Engineers, Revision V2, 3 August 2020 (PDF, 19.7 MB)
- 2TP.5.3 Garden Inspiration - Rev A.pdf (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Cover Page - T.P.0.01.pdf (PDF, 588.4 KB)
- Existing Conditions .pdf (PDF, 247.9 KB)
- TP.1.01 NSD Site Analysis - Rev A (PDF, 7.4 MB)
- TP.1.02 Design Response - Rev A (PDF, 257.4 KB)
- TP.1.03 Design Response Con't - Re A (PDF, 236.5 KB)
- TP.1.04 Design Response Con't - Rev A.pdf (PDF, 262.5 KB)
- TP.1.05 Existing Demolition - Rev A.pdf
(PDF, 461.3 KB)
- TP.2.01 Basement - Rev C.pdf (PDF, 198.8 KB)
- TP.2.02 Ground Floor - Rev C.pdf (PDF, 583.8 KB)
- TP.2.03 First Floor - Rev C.pdf (PDF, 532.8 KB)
- TP.2.04 Second Floor - Rev D.pdf (PDF, 488.9 KB)
- TP.2.05 Roof Plan - Rev D.pdf (PDF, 108.9 KB)
- TP.3.01 Existing Elevations - Rev A.pdf (PDF, 379.2 KB)
- TP.3.02 Existing Elevations - Rev A.pdf (PDF, 129.9 KB)
- TP.3.03 Elevations - Rev D (PDF, 2.7 MB)
- TP.3.04 Elevations - Rev B (PDF, 336.7 KB)
- TP.3.05 Section A-A, B-B & D-D - Rev D.pdf (PDF, 1.1 MB)
- TP.3.06 Section C-C - Rev B.pdf (PDF, 123.4 KB)
- TP.3.07 Section E-E, F-F - Rev B.pdf (PDF, 501.8 KB)
- TP.4.01 Shadow Analysis - 22 September at 9am - Rev D.pdf (PDF, 640.8 KB)
- TP.4.02 Shadow Analysis - 22 September at 10am - Rev D.pdf (PDF, 660.5 KB)
- TP.4.03-Shadow-Analysis-22 September at 11am Rev D.pdf
(PDF, 646.1 KB)
- TP.4.04 Shadow Analysis - 22 September at 12pm - Rev D.pdf (PDF, 652.9 KB)
- TP.4.05 Shadow Analysis - 22 September at 1pm - Rev D.pdf (PDF, 655.4 KB)
- TP.4.06 Shadow Analysis - 22 September at 2pm - Rev D.pdf (PDF, 672.5 KB)
- TP.4.07 Shadow Analysis - 22 September at 3pm - Rev D.pdf (PDF, 658.3 KB)
- TP.4.08 Exterior Materials - Rev A.pdf (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- TP.4.09 3D Perspective Image #1 - Rev B.pdf (PDF, 2.3 MB)
- TP.4.10 3D Perspective Image #2 - Rev B.pdf (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- TP.4.11 3D Perspective Image #3 - Rev B.pdf (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- TP.4.12 3D Perspective Image #4 - Rev B.pdf (PDF, 2.2 MB)
- TP.4.13 3D Perspective Image #5 - Rev B.pdf (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- TP.5.1 Building Inspiration - Rev A.pdf (PDF, 2.4 MB)
- TP.5.2 Interiors Inspiration - Rev A.pdf (PDF, 2.1 MB)