Step 1 - Pre-application
Liaise with DELWP (State Project Concierge)
1. Contact the State Project Concierge service by either:
- completing the State Project Concierge Service request form, or
- email email@example.com.
2. Establish a project discussion about the approval pathway requirements and consideration of project facilitation to assess the application and for the Minister for Planning to consider.
Be prepared to confirm State Project qualification concerning:
- Delivery of projects by or on behalf of, or jointly or in partnership with, or funded by the State of Victoria or a public authority, or on Crown land.
- Delivery proponent to demonstrate the projects ability to be delivered by (or have commenced construction before) 2025 - in support of Victoria’s economic recovery from the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Provide high-level information such as:
- Proponent /Applicant department or agency (and the relevant contact details)
- Project name and address
- Project delivery method – is it public, private, or a public-private partnership
- Type of project – which may include a short description
- Current stage of the project
- Why is the approval process proposed/required?
- Delivery timeframes.
3. Email associated documents to the State Projects Concierge service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. DELWP will contact within 1 business day to discuss the project planning requirements and arrange the way forward.
Pre-application project briefing meeting
Initial information should be provided 2 business days before any meeting to ensure relevant DELWP staff have adequate information to discuss the proposal.
The information to be provided before or during the meeting should include:
|Information to provide||What it should include|
|Proposed project use and development and project area.||Indicative development plans, images, maps and aerials to assist.|
|Initial planning review to indicate permit triggers and the application content.||Indicate where the project is consistent/inconsistent with any planning provisions in the planning scheme for the site.|
|Consultation proposed or completed about the project and the 52.30 approval pathway.||Identify the key stakeholders and community. (This information will inform discussions about the extent of consultation the Minister may deem necessary for the project)|
|Extent of environmental impacts and sensitivities.||
In terms of impact to: |
- native vegetation and other tree/ vegetation removal
- flora and fauna
- bushfire and other considerations.
Detail the proposed areas of protection/avoidance.
|The public realm, amenity impacts and improvements.||
In terms of impact to the:|
- built form
- or others
|Other legislative requirements or tools to be used as part of the project.||
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act)
- Flora and Fauna Guarantee Act 1988
- Heritage Act 2017
- Aboriginal Heritage Act 2006
- Marine and Coastal Act 2018.
|Public or private land required for temporary or permanent acquisition.||What is the method for occupation or acquisition?|
All presentation material from meeting(s) is to be distributed to DELWP.
Before application lodgement
Acquire confirmation between the proponent and DELWP of the:
- State project eligibility documentation to be submitted
- Confirmation of consultation required
- Application documentation and timing for the submission.
Page last updated: 21/10/22