The Minister for Planning appointed a Standing Advisory Committee to consider submissions received from landowners seeking to review the application of the Bushfire Management Overlay (BMO) to their property.
The Committee has continued the work of the previous Wildfire Management Overlay (WMO) Standing Advisory Committee, to provide an opportunity for landowners to seek a review where the BMO or WMO was applied.
Terms of reference
Read the Advisory Committee's Terms of Reference (DOCX, 333.4 KB)
- Cathie McRobert (Chair)
- Trevor McCullough (Alternate Chair)
- Chris Banon
- Brett Davis
- Ian Gibson
- Chris Harty
Review referred to the Advisory Committee
The following review has been referred to the Advisory Committee:
Mount Alexander Planning Scheme Amendment C36 (Tarran Valley) BMO Referral
Amendment C36 proposed to rezone 125 ha on the north side of Castlemaine - Maldon Road (approximately two kilometres southeast of Maldon), from Farming Zone to Rural Living Zone.
Documents submitted to the Advisory Committee include:
Documents referred by the Minister for Planning
- Council submission - Body (PDF, 431.9 KB)
- Council submission - Attachment 1 (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Council submission - Attachment 2 (PDF, 610.3 KB)
- Council submission - Attachment 3 (PDF, 680.4 KB)
- Council submission - Attachment 4 - Chapters 1 - 3 (PDF, 804.9 KB)
- Council submission - Attachment 4 - Chapters 4 - 6 (PDF, 1.5 MB)
- Council submission - Attachment 4 - Appendices (PDF, 395.0 KB)
- Council submission - Attachment 5 (PDF, 1.3 MB)
Country Fire Authority (CFA) submission
Availability of Report
The report for the Mount Alexander Planning Scheme Amendment C36 (Tarran Valley) BMO Referral (PDF, 1.1 MB) was submitted on 1 December 2016 and a Supplementary Report (PDF, 287.3 KB) submitted on 13 July 2016.
A notice regarding the refusal of Mount Alexander Planning Scheme Amendment C36 appaered in the Government Gazette on 6 October 2016.