An Advisory Committee has been appointed by the Minister for Planning to provide advice on the appropriate form and process of a proposed amendment to the Ballarat Planning Scheme. The amendment would facilitate redevelopment of the Ballarat Railway Station Precinct (the Precinct).
Terms of reference
Read the Advisory Committee terms of reference: Terms of Reference (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Rodger Eade (Chair)
- Peter Allen
- John Hartigan
- Ann Keddie
Exhibition of amendment options
The draft Amendment options were on public exhibition from 21 December 2015 until 5 February 2016.
The Advisory Committee also received the following reports:
- Land contamination, October 2015 (PDF, 2.0 MB) (due to large file size appendices are available on request)
- Geotechnical investigation report, November 2015 (PDF, 1.4 MB) (due to large file size appendices are available on request)
- Level and feature survey, October 2015 - Part 1 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Level and feature survey, October 2015 - Part 2 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Level and feature survey, October 2015 - Part 3 (PDF, 636.4 KB)
- Infrastructure services report, December 2015 (partly redacted) (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Urban design, 2015 (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Structural assessment of goods shed, 18 December 2015 (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Building compliance existing goods shed, 9 November 2015 (PDF, 263.4 KB)
- Cultural heritage management plan (PDF, 609.0 KB)
- Ballarat station precinct planning strategy report (PDF, 2.3 MB)
The following reports were available on the Regional Development Victoria website:
- Asbestos investigation of goods shed, 9 November 2015
- Landscape and public realm schematic design report, November 2015
- Traffic and transport assessment
- Heritage report stage 1 master plan implementation
A Directions hearing was held on Friday 19 February 2016.
The hearings were held between Tuesday 8 March 2016 and Thursday 10 March.
The Advisory Committee Report (PDF, 691.1 KB) was submitted on 3 May 2016.
The redevelopment of the eastern portion of the Ballarat Station Precinct was gazetted as Ballarat Planning Scheme Amendment C198 on 8 September 2016.
If you have any queries please contact Planning Panels Victoria on (03) 8392 5137 or firstname.lastname@example.org.