The Minister for Planning called in this matter from VCAT and appointed an Advisory Committee to provide advice on whether a planning permit should be issued for the proposed development of Stage 2 of 40 Hall Street, Moonee Ponds (Former Moonee Ponds Market site).
- Applicant: Caydon Property Group
- Responsible authority: Moonee Valley City Council
- Following the call in, the matter will be determined by the Governor in Council.
Terms of reference
The Minister for Planning signed a Terms of Reference (PDF, 755.1 KB) on 5 February 2017. The Committee’s role (Clause 3) is to:
- provide advice to the Minister for Planning on whether a planning permit should be issued for the proposed development for Stage 2 of 40 Hall Street, Moonee Ponds (Former Moonee Ponds Market Site) and if so, the appropriate conditions for the permit; and
- examine whether the proposed building heights of the proposal have had proper regard to the preferred building height provisions within precinct 20 under schedule 1 of the Activity Centre Zone to the Moonee Ponds Planning Scheme.
- Nick Wimbush (Chair)
- Ray Tonkin
- 7 July 2015: Caydon Property Group submitted a planning permit application to Moonee Valley City Council for Stage 2 of development at 40 Hall Street, Moonee Ponds
- 26 July 2016: Moonee Valley City Council refused the Stage 2 planning permit application
- 11 August 2016: appeal lodged at VCAT
- 9 December 2016: the Minister called in the application
- 5 February 2017: the Minister signed the Terms of Reference
The Advisory Committee Hearings:
The Advisory Committee submitted its report (PDF, 771.3 KB) on 11 April 2017.
Page last updated: 06/10/18