A joint Inquiry/Advisory Committee was appointed to consider the Environment Effects Statement, a draft planning scheme amendment and public submissions associated with the Melbourne Metro Rail Project in accordance with the approved Terms of Reference (PDF, 1.2 MB).
The committee considered the Melbourne Metro Rail Project that included the following key components:
- Twin nine kilometer rail tunnels between South Kensington and South Yarra, following the alignment of Swanston Street, through Melbourne's Central Business District (CBD) and linking the existing Sunbury and Cranbourne/ Pakenham railway lines.
- New CBD North and CBD South stations providing direct interchange with Melbourne Central and Flinders Street stations respectively.
- New stations at Arden, Parkville and Domain, with new train/tram interchanges at the latter two stations.
Terms of reference
View the Terms of Reference (PDF, 1.2 MB).
- Kathy Mitchell (Chair)
- Geoff Underwood (Deputy Chair)
- Craig Barker
- Jenny Donovan
- Mandy Elliott
- Elizabeth Hui
- Helen Lardner
- Kate Partenio.
The EES was on public exhibition from 25 May to 6 July 2016|
The period for making a submission has closed.
|Directions Hearing||The Directions Hearing was held on Tuesday 26 July 2016 at the Mercure Hotel, Treasury Gardens, 13 Spring Street, Melbourne.|
The Public Hearings commenced on 22 August 2016 and closed on Friday 7 October 2016 |
In closing, the Chair of the IAC indicated that no further correspondence will be entered into regarding this project and no further material may be received by the IAC.
|Report||The report was submitted on 21 November 2016. The Report and the Minister for Planning's Assessment of the project is available here (PDF, 3.2 MB).|
If you have any questions regarding the Inquiry Process, Melbourne Metro Rail Project or EES Project, the contact details are below:
- Inquiry Process:
Planning Panels Victoria
✉ Email: Planning.Panels@delwp.vic.gov.au
- Melbourne Metro Rail Project:
Melbourne Metro Rail Authority
☎ Phone: 1800 551 927 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm)
Website: Melbourne Metro
- EES process:
Impact Assessment Unit
☎ Phone: (03) 8392 5503
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Page last updated: 19/08/21