An Advisory Committee has been appointed by the Minister for Planning to provide advice on the appropriate form and process of a proposed amendment to the Ballarat Planning Scheme. The amendment would facilitate redevelopment of the Ballarat Railway Station Precinct (the Precinct).
Terms of reference
Read the Advisory Committee Terms of Reference (PDF, 1.2 MB).
- Rodger Eade (Chair)
- Peter Allen
- John Hartigan
- Ann Keddie.
Exhibition of amendment options
The draft Amendment options were on public exhibition from 21 December 2015 until 5 February 2016.
The Advisory Committee also received the following reports:
- Land contamination, October 2015 (PDF, 2.0 MB) (due to large file size appendices are available on request)
- Geotechnical investigation report, November 2015 (PDF, 1.4 MB) (due to large file size appendices are available on request)
- Level and feature survey, October 2015 - Part 1 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Level and feature survey, October 2015 - Part 2 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
- Level and feature survey, October 2015 - Part 3 (PDF, 636.4 KB)
- Infrastructure services report, December 2015 (partly redacted) (PDF, 1.2 MB)
- Urban design, 2015 (PDF, 2.1 MB)
- Structural assessment of goods shed, 18 December 2015 (PDF, 1.7 MB)
- Building compliance existing goods shed, 9 November 2015 (PDF, 263.4 KB)
- Cultural heritage management plan (PDF, 609.0 KB)
- Ballarat station precinct planning strategy report (PDF, 2.3 MB)
The following reports were available on the Regional Development Victoria website:
- Asbestos investigation of goods shed, 9 November 2015
- Landscape and public realm schematic design report, November 2015
- Traffic and transport assessment
- Heritage report stage 1 master plan implementation
A Directions hearing was held on Friday 19 February 2016.
The hearings were held between Tuesday 8 March 2016 and Thursday 10 March.
The Advisory Committee Report (PDF, 691.1 KB) was submitted on 3 May 2016.
The redevelopment of the eastern portion of the Ballarat Station Precinct was gazetted as Ballarat Planning Scheme Amendment C198 on 8 September 2016.
If you have any queries please contact:
Planning Panels Victoria
☎ Phone: (03) 8392 5137
✉ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org