Manningham City Council has appointed a Panel to consider submissions to Amendment C104 to the Manningham Planning Scheme. Council also asked the Minister
for Planning to appoint the Panel as an Advisory Committee to consider the draft Development Plan that accompanied the Amendment.
- Planning Authority: Manningham City Council
- Proponent: Contour Consulting on behalf of Scentre Group (owners and occupiers of Westfield Doncaster).
If approved, Amendment C104 will amend (change) the Manningham Planning Scheme. It will:
- delete the existing Incorporated Plan Overlay (Schedule 1) from the land at 619 Doncaster Road and 1 Grosvenor Street, Doncaster;
- apply a new Development Plan Overly – Schedule 4 (DP04) to the land at 619 Doncaster Road, Doncaster;
- apply the Road Closure Overlay to the westernmost end of Westfield Drive;
- amend the Development Contributions Overlay – Schedule 1; and
- approve other changes to the Manningham Planning Scheme related to the Westfield Doncaster extension.
If approved, the Development Plan will support the extension of the Westfield Doncaster Shopping centre.
The role of the combined Panel/Advisory Committee is to:
- give submitters an opportunity to be heard in an independent forum in an informal, non-judicial manner(a Panel/Advisory Committee is not a court of law); and
- give independent advice to the Planning Authority and the Minister about the proposed Amendment and Development Plan.
- Kathy Mitchell (Chair)
- Peter Edwards
- William O’Neill
Read the advisory committee Member biographies (DOCX, 48.2 KB).
Terms of Reference
The Minister for Planning signed a Terms of Reference (PDF, 1.6 MB) in relation to this matter on 19 February 2017.
The Directions Hearing was held:
10am, Tuesday 28 February 2017
The Hearing is scheduled for late April 2017.
The Advisory Committee is required to submit its report in writing as soon as practicable but no later than eight weeks from the completion of the hearing.