A Standing Advisory Committee has been appointed to provide advice and recommendations on the integrated development opportunities created by Victorian transport projects.
Standing Advisory Committee Members
- Kathy Mitchell (Chair)
- Rodger Eade (Deputy Chair)
- Jenny Donovan
- Kate Partenio
- Geoff Underwood
Read our committee member biographies (DOC, 44.0 KB)
Terms of Reference
The Terms of Reference can be found here Terms of Reference v3 (PDF, 1.6 MB)
Proposed development opportunity at Ormond Station
As part of the Victorian Government's commitment to remove 50 of the worst level crossings in Victoria, the congested and dangerous level crossing at North Road, Ormond has recently been removed.
The removal of the crossing and the construction of the new Ormond Station provides an opportunity for a mixed use development at a transport hub.
Draft planning controls to facilitate a mixed use development have been prepared.
Submissions closed on Friday 9 December, 2016. Information about the hearing process is provided below.
Draft planning controls and supporting information
- Draft Instruction Sheet (DOCX, 27.9 KB)
- Draft Explanatory Report (DOCX, 175.0 KB)
- Draft Clause 21.04 - Housing and Residential Development (DOC, 1.6 MB)
- Draft Clause 21.06 - Business (DOC, 480.5 KB)
- Draft Clause 22.07 - Housing Diversity Area Policy (PDF, 836.4 KB)
- Draft Clause 37.02 - Comprehensive Development Zone (PDF, 25.3 KB)
- Draft Schedule 1 to the Comprehensive Development Zone (DOC, 1.4 MB)
- Draft Schedule to Clause 61.01 (DOCX, 2.1 MB)
- Draft Schedule to Clause 81.01 (DOC, 3.0 MB)
- Draft Comprehensive Development Plan (PDF, 683.1 KB)
- Draft Map (PDF, 63.4 KB)
- Assessment Report (PDF, 5.0 MB)
- Comprehensive Development Zone Referral Report (PDF, 931.4 KB)
- Retail Need and Economic Impact Assessment (PDF, 5.3 MB)
- Transport Impact Assessment (PDF, 3.1 MB)
- Urban Context Report (PDF, 15.7 MB)
Period for submissions
Closed at 5pm, Friday 9 December 2016
Held on Tuesday 20 December 2016 at Planning Panels Victoria
Following the Hearing the Committee made the following directions:
Information circulated by DealCorp in response to Direction 11 and 12:
The Public Hearing was held over 9 days between 13 and 23 February 2017.
Report to the Minister
In accordance with the Terms of Reference, the Advisory Committee submitted its report to the Minister within 20 business days from the last day of its hearings.
An information sheet (PDF, 238.4 KB) with a series of frequently asked questions has been prepared for the proposed development opportunity at Ormond Station.
- Draft planning controls:
Level Crossing Removal Authority
1800 762 667
- Advisory Committee process or how to make a submission:
Planning Panels Victoria
(03) 8392 5137
- Planning scheme amendment process:
(03) 8392 5572