The Minister for Planning called in this matter from VCAT and appointed an Advisory Committee to provide advice on whether a planning permit should be issued for the proposed development of Stage 2 of 40 Hall Street, Moonee Ponds (Former Moonee Ponds Market site).
- Applicant: Caydon Property Group
- Responsible authority: Moonee Valley City Council
- Following the call in, the matter will be determined by the Governor in Council.
- Nick Wimbush (Chair)
- Ray Tonkin
Terms of Reference
The Minister for Planning signed a Terms of Reference (PDF, 755.1 KB) on 5 February 2017. The Committee’s role (Clause 3) is to:
- provide advice to the Minister for Planning on whether a planning permit should be issued for the proposed development for Stage 2 of 40 Hall Street, Moonee Ponds (Former Moonee Ponds Market Site) and if so, the appropriate conditions for the permit; and
- examine whether the proposed building heights of the proposal have had proper regard to the preferred building height provisions within precinct 20 under schedule 1of the Activity Centre Zone to the Moonee Ponds Planning Scheme.
- 7 July 2015: Caydon Property Group submitted a planning permit application to Moonee Valley City Council for Stage 2 of development at 40 Hall Street, Moonee Ponds
- 26 July 2016: Moonee Valley City Council refused the Stage 2 planning permit application
- 11 August 2016: appeal lodged at VCAT
- 9 December 2016: the Minister called in the application
- 5 February 2017: the Minister signed the Terms of Reference
The Hearing is scheduled for:
The Advisory Committee is required to submit its report in writing as soon as practicable but no later than 20 business days from the completion of its proceedings.
For more information about the Advisory committee process:
Planning Panels Victoria
(03) 8392 5120