The panel will consider the Planning Permit Application Number PA2016/5118, submitted by Landfill Operations. The application seeks approval to use land at 408 - 546 Hopkins Road, Truganina and 1154-1198 Christies Road, Ravenhall for the expansion of the Melbourne Regional Landfill.
The proposal also requires works approval (Application Number 1002191) from EPA Victoria.
Consideration of the Planning Permit Application, EPA Works Approval Application and Melton C162
The Minister for Planning has called-in the Planning Permit Application from the Melton City Council under Section 97B(1) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987, and has decided to refer it to the Panel to consider the permit application and the submissions made to that application.
The Panel will also consider submissions on the works approval application, and in doing so fulfil a Section 20B Conference under the Environment Protection Act 1970.
- Nick Wimbush (Chair)
- Sarah Carlisle
- Peter Edwards
- Catherine Wilson
have been appointed to consider the submissions for the Planning Permit Application.
Read our panel members biographies (DOC, 38.0 KB)
Planning Permit Application
The Planning Permit Application (PA5118/2016) and supporting documents are available to view here:
- Planning Permit Application (PDF 170.6 KB)
- Tract Planning Report - Appendices (PDF 5.2 MB)
- Tract Planning Report - Report (PDF 9.6 MB)
- Tonkin & Taylor - Needs Assessment (PDF 1.1 MB)
- GTA - Traffic Impact Assessment - Report (PDF 3.0 MB)
- GTA - Traffic Impact Assessment - Addendum (PDF 1.0 MB)
- Marshall Day - Noise Assessment -Report (PDF 6.2 MB)
- Marshall Day - Noise Assessment - Addendum (PDF 4.7 MB)
- Pacific Environment - Air Quality Assessment (PDF 7.7 MB)
- Pacific Environment - Air Quality Assessment - Appendix 1.1 Part 2 (PDF 8.5 MB)
- Pacific Environment - Air Quality Assessment - Appendix 1.2 Part 1 (PDF 6.7 MB)
- Pacific Environment - Air Quality Assessment - Appendix 1.2 Part 2 (PDF 6.6 MB)
- Pacific Environment - Air Quality Assessment - Report (PDF 6.3 MB)
- Pacific Environment - Air Quality Assessment - Addendum (PDF 2.9 MB)
- AECOM - Hydrogeological Assessmen (PDF 5.9 MB)
- ERM- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment (PDF 1.5 MB)
- ERM- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment - Annex B Photomontages (PDF 1.2 MB)
- ERM- Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment - Annex C Rehabilitation Plan (PDF 8.9 MB)
- ERM - Landscape and Visual Assessment Addendum (PDF 3.5 MB)
- Ecology & Heritage Partners - Ecological Assessment (PDF 3.0 MB)
- Ecology & Heritage Partners - Ecological Report (PDF 2.7 MB)
- Ecology & Heritage Partners - Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Management Plan (PDF 3.5 MB)
EPA Works Approval application
The Landfill Operations proposal would also require the approval of an EPA Works Approval. The Works Approval application can be viewed on the EPA website.
Progress of the Planning Permit Application Panel
|Exhibition of the documentation||The above Permit Application and EPA Works Approval application were on public exhibition from Tuesday 14 June until Friday 15 July 2016 (PDF 74.4 KB).|
|Making a submission||The period for making a submission closed at 5.00pm on Friday 15 July 2016.|
The Directions Hearing was held on Friday 5 August 2016
A second Directions Hearing will be held at 10.00am on Tuesday 6 September 2016 in Hearing Room 1 at Planning Panels Victoria, Ground Floor, 1 Spring Street (on the corner of Flinders Street), Melbourne
The Panel Hearings will commence on Thursday 29 September 2016, and continue as required.
Version 6 of the Panel Hearing Timetable (PDF 297.5 KB)has been issued. If required subsequent versions of the timetable will be made available here.
Expert Witness Statements
Melton City Council
Mt Atkinson Holdings
Land Operations Pty Ltd
- Barlow (PDF, 28.5 MB)
- Todoroski (PDF, 1.6 MB)
- Todoroski (PDF, 2.9 MB)
- Todoroski (PDF, 28.4 MB)
- Delaire (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- Green (PDF, 3.3 MB)
- Hunt (PDF, 945.4 KB)
- Ife (PDF, 2.0 MB)
- Ife (Appendix A) (PDF, 100.3 KB)
- Ife (Appendix B) (PDF, 9.0 MB)
- Ife (Appendix C) (PDF, 280.3 KB)
- Ife (Appendix D) (PDF, 209.5 KB)
- Ife (Appendix E) (PDF, 34.5 KB)
- Kortegast (Buffers) (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Kortegast (Need) (PDF, 999.6 KB)
- Wyatt (PDF, 2.9 MB)
Stop the Tip Inc
Victorian Planning Authority
Amendment C162 to the Melton Planning Scheme (Melton C162) proposes the implementation of the Mt Atkinson and Tarneit Plains Precinct Structure Plan.
- Trevor McCullough (Chair);
- Sarah Carlisle; and
- Michael Kirsch
have been appointed to consider the submissions for Melton C162
The Directions Hearings for Melton C162 were held at 10.00 am on Friday 15 July 2016 at:
Hearing Room 2
Planning Panels Victoria
1 Spring Street
The Hearings are commenced on 12 September 2016. The timetable for the hearings can be viewed here (PDF, 193.0 KB)
The Report of the Melton C162 Panel is expected to be submitted within 30 business days after the last day of the Hearings.
If you have any queries please contact Greta Grivas from Planning Panels Victoria on (03) 8392 6393 or email@example.com.